1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Stolen 899

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Pavey, Jun 27, 2017.

1. I was at Eaton Square in Belgravia today as had a meeting there; the building next door to where i was going have dug a double basement so workmen everywhere and the bay suspended so i parked up and in i went. Half an hour later there is a buzz on the intercom and we see two policemen on the screen asking to talk to the owner of the Ducati.At least it is still there i thought.

As i'm going down the stairs to meet them i was desperately thinking what name to give them ( ;) ) and thinking back to when it last had it's mot. Get outside and two of the nicest guys you could meet said nothing is wrong but they were concerned i'd left it out on the street and wanted to make sure the owner was in the vicinity. They then proceeded to tell me how many Panigale's they have known to be pinched recently. Apparently they take them to estates and leave them there for a few days then if no one comes they know there is no Tracker and proceed to strip them down. I did ask them to follow me around for the day and watch my bike but they politely declined. :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Yeah, but it's a hassle to go through the process...
    And depends how often you want to pay the excess and depreciation loss,

3. I feel for you had my fireblade stolen twice in London . Ended up not being able to get insurance police spent a year investigating the gang and arrested 6 they were doing 3 plus bikes a week. Got caught and max sentence was 6 months suspended that's the problem they don't give a 'k . First theft tracker found it 6hrs in a garage and the bloke said found it and was keeping it safe . Honestly it's not the police it's the sentencing that's a joke . I couldn't have a ltr bike in London as no one would insure me so feel for you

Do Not Sell My Personal Information