1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stolen 899

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by sean birch, Jun 16, 2017.

1. My white 899 was stolen early hours of this morning Approx 4am from Park Royal area NW London. Reg PX14 JBY. Bike was fitted with Biketrac but police have had no luck as it isn't transmitting anymore. last known location was Doric Way on the corner of Churchway next to London Euston station. the bike was Fitted with termi end cans and 1199 superstock headers (only one i know of fitted with these headers) and a few bits of shiny carbon. If anyone hears anything please let me know. (I have also seen on Facebook a red 899 was stolen in central London as well last night Reg AK14 HYZ)

IMG_7340.JPG

• WTF WTF x 1
  2. Gutted for you :mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Shit news fella. Funny enough, I was on mine at the FC 200 building in Park Royal yesterday. Secure underground car park, is yours the same?

As a Biketrac user myself, that's certainly not good to hear. Curious as to whether it was a van theft or scooter kids as, to get rid of the tracker screams van crew.

4. Yes it was in a secure underground car park. I live in one of the block of flats just across from FC 200. It seems like it was a van theft as they have unscrewed the railing it was locked to and taken it with them. No signs of a break in anywhere in the building either, which makes me think someone must of let them in!!!

5. Building security any help as FC 200 has CCTV all over the underground car park? Also need a swipe fob to enter (which one would assume logs who enters and at what time).

Certainly sounds like a pro job which sucks fella, it usually means it's not coming back :mad:

6. No point having a nice bike in London it would seem...............

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hope you get you bike back and they catch the thieving scum. Just wondering though, how come the Biketrac isnt working now, their website suggests even if the battery on the bike is disconnected, the Biketracs internal battery should power it for 30 days. Maybe its been found and smashed, or perhaps they dont work if say, inside a container or the like, maybe worth contacting them to find out why...

Anyways, hope the matter gets sorted.

Stuart

8. They could use a jammer to give time to locate and destroy the tracker. They've got the tools, know how to get into secure parks so the addition of a jammer is little outlay.

9. OP said it was tracked to Euston. No jammer involved. In the time it took them to drive that far, they probably had someone in the back of the van, stripping the tracker.

Once the tracker has been removed, they could have stuck a grinder to it and cut the thing in half. Having fit my own, it's a sealed unit but it doesn't matter how sealed it is or how long the internal battery lasts, slice it in two and its dead.

You're only hope it's the police are alerted and can track it, before they find it.

10. Park Royal to Euston around 10 mins that time of the night? Don't know what rate the tracker pings at. Transfer to the fence in another van with jammer and possibly other bike. No good to the OP but lots of ways these scumbags work.

11. Once in the back of a van Biketrac has issues connecting to GPS/GMS/WCDMA etc - mine certainly does. It was still reporting being 160 miles up north when in fact it was in London.

12. Another day another few Dukes stolen in London. No wonder my insurance premium went up over 500%.

Makes you wonder where they all go and how many can be fenced/parted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mine went to Lithuania, they even nicked my chain!

I'm over it now, and that's about all i can say to Sean really. It hurts mate but over time you will look back on it as a piece of metal and replaceable. Be thankful you weren't on it at the time.

Hope the insurance comes through for you.

14. So how many is this now stolen in 3 weeks
    must be 5 from London??

15. This is the reason I am hesitant in making another purchase for these bikes.

Sorry to hear yours was stolen, it's frustrating and even biketrac didn't help, is worth contacting them and asking what happened.

Ducati really need to help make their bikes more secure

16. Perhaps they can sell each one with a free container to park it in. Or style them like Hondas or Harley's. That'd do the trick! Ffs

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tracker says, alarms, make it harder to start etc..... like cars now a days, even decent chains, I could go on...

Look we all pay a hell of a lot of money for bikes now and they are getting picked up so easily

18. But that's why we pay insurance don't we?

19. It not really solving the issue though...!

Theft has simply moved from cars to bikes over the years.. bikes have got more expensive and with PCP plans there are so many new bikes on the roads and more expensive ones as people can afford them. Why should Ducati really care when they can supply a new bike each time!

If I couldn't lock it up securely at night I simply wouldn't have one I guess.

Back in the 90's I had a Sierra Sapphire Cosworth.. I lived in a village but I knew it was a matter of time.. I left it in a car park one lunchtime.. came back, rear seats taken, all the amps, CD's, bent the steering wheel, damaged two doors and the boot, ripped out the wires and they worked out the imm but luckily I used to take the HT lead with me.. I came back to all the doors open.... they were luckily they weren't there as I dont wish to think what I'd have done..!

I'm thankful we are not in that era anymore as no car was safe or radio back then, its seems that time has now come for bikes!

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information