1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update-stolen Bike 1098s Solihull Weds 5:30pm

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Symon Moore, Jan 14, 2022.

1. What goes around comes around in my little black book, let's hope they trip up over their shoelaces one day very soon.:heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. A guy I know had a mate have his bikes nicked this week. They managed to get them back! Some scum posted on their own insta page the bikes in his own fucking garden!! No fear of being caught whatsoever

3. My mate had his gs stolen and recovered twice in 48 hours last week. (Seriously).

It was chained and the guys had to lift it over a medium wall

The chain was not grounded though which was the key thing in this instance. Those disc locks are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard I’m sorry to say. It’s like locking your car but leaving the windows wide open.

i can lift a sports bike entirely and comfortably on my own so a couple of blokes will have no issues :(

I hope you get it back mate. Horrible experience.

#23 Advikaz, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Ugh. Having scum in your house and the bastards stole your bike & helmet. I hope they get all they deserve in a very special hell. I'm really sorry this has happened to you and best of luck with the insurance company.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Ffs!! Absolute wastes of air these people. They always find a way. It's my biggest fear and I hope all the deterrents I have put anyone off, but if they really want it, they'll have it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. It's shit but it happens. Drop your guard and these cockroaches will be in. Try and compose yourself, forget the bike. It's happened to me and the good news is, you'll be security conscious going forward. I know I am.

Don't expect the police to be pulling up trees, they won't. I didn't even get a visit, just an incident ticket number. The underwriters will probably send a rep round to interview you. You'll feel like a criminal under investigation but play ball. He'll ask for things like the ignition key(s), photo's of the bike etc. His report will pave the way for a quick pay out. Get your policy out and read it thoroughly, especially the small print. Good luck :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Gutted for you, I suffered the same with my first proper bike, my ZXR400, foolishly though an alarm, immobiliser and a chain was enough of a deterrent but alas no. Lifted into a van and gone (I wasn’t at home) and from then on if I go out anywhere on my bike it’s parked somewhere I can watch it or I go back home. That sinking feeling of “I’m sure I parked it here?” Still haunts me.

Like Mary said, the insurance company interrogated me like it was my fault and the police were more than useless! 6mths after it was stolen and I’d been paid out the DVLA sent me a letter asking if I’d sold it as they had someone applying for a V5!? I took the letter to the police and they said they would speak to the dvla and investigate, not difficult I thought, you’ve got the address of the person applying for the V5, if they didn’t steal it you can find out where and who they got it from but no, that would be too easy so they just threw the letter in the bin, how do I know this? Because 6mths later a work colleague comes up to me at work excited to show me his new ZXR400, yep, my ZXR400 L141 BEL………unbelievable :astonished:

• WTF WTF x 4
  8. Hi, just by way of an observation, TM may or may not have been NF or BNP but my recollection is that he had been broken into countless times and also lived in an isolated area so did not have a ready police presence to call upon. Happy to stand corrected if I'm wrong.

#28 Michael J, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. So I figured you’d all want to know.
    It’s not the exact result I wanted given that that would’ve been the return in perfect condition of my own bike, but I have to say kudos to Bennett’s bike insurance & their claims team at 4th Dimension.
    The guy who rang me to discuss the settlement really knew his stuff and offered me the higher end of the insurance valuation as he seemed to understand that bikes at that age in that condition and that spec aren’t that easy to find. I’ve just settled on a figure that is £750 more than I paid for it 6 years ago & therefore just about covers the excess loss and the helmet loss.
    I understand that I’ll have to beef up my security and will face higher premiums but that isn’t their problem so it’s a rare thumbs up to the insurance company from me.
    Now I just need to find a fantastic condition 1198S or possibly an 1199s, get a ground anchor cemented in & buy yet another new helmet!

• Like Like x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Glad there was some sort of positive outcome. Not sure on your type of garage door, but if you don't have any/some of these, hope these give you ideas. Recommend garage door bolts that fit on either side of the door which need a different key per lock, a garage door defender, some sort of alarm (I have a cheap battery one which is ear piercing) and also an indoor camera such as blink that will alert you to movement inside the garage should anyone get that far.

#31 JamieW, Jan 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. test ride a pani if you can mate

• Like Like x 1
  12. You should claim for the helmet on your bike or house insurance - they should pay for that too...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. image.jpg
    It has 4 dirty industrial great rawl plugs that you put in holes about 60mm deep. Then torque up the bolts. Pop a ball beating in the head of the bolt and hammer on the steel bolt covers. It’s not going anywhere.

14. @Symon Moore

actually mate if you want to come have a look and a sit on one your more than welcome to come try mine out. :upyeah::)

mines not for sale btw..:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. These things are shite. Pro's will pluck them out the garage floor like carrots. Ask me how I know.... :eek:

The only way to fit a ground anchor is to sink the feker in concrete :upyeah:

16. I had a Torq Anchor from Pragmasis that I wanted to move

I tried jacking it out with 2 3 ton jacks and a crow bar between them that had a 40mm x 25mm section on the crow bar

It bent the crowbar - then stalled the jacks - Pressure relief valves

That was in with Resin Anchors

It took me 4 hours to drill and get out the ball bearings out and drill the heads off.

So they can be effective...

If I had not wanted it - then I could have cut it in 2 minutes with an Angle grinder - but I wanted to remove it from the floor and move it somewhere else.

17. Well that’s what I thought too but none of the usual online vids suggest that. It’s all along the lines of what Jack has suggested.

18. That’s incredibly kind of you. If I go down that route & test ride is proving difficult I may well take you up on that. Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information