1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stolen On A Track Day.

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Birdie, Oct 17, 2019.

1. I have been thinking recently about taking locks and chains to track days especially European ones, and this has just confirmed it's a good idea. Guess in the uk they dont need to be massive ones just good enough to stop someone pushing the bike into a van. Already chain up the generator if I an using one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Disgraceful bahaviour in any normal society.:punch:

3. Was stolen? "WERE" stolen. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. " and assure no bikes are left unattended. "

How when we all go to a briefing?

It's easy pickings unfortunately. They should have a few staff wandering about in high vis.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. I always shit my pants while in the morning meeting in case i get bk and the bikes gone its so easy for um to go missing no fuckers is around u need to start taking someone with u that ant riding to keep an eye out on things while on and off track ffs

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I try and take my ‘grid girl’ with me but I’m always worrying someone will run off with her!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. All my bikes, track bikes included, have trackers fitted just for this reason. Andy

8. As they manage to check everyone in, onto the track etc the should be able to check everyone out too. An entry ticket for the bike in the van drivers hand or you can't leave the paddock? Shouldn't be too hard to arrange.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Your bike will be safe as houses joe lol

21799AE4-1B51-4005-BD1D-5F0C19666653.jpeg

10. They don't though, most TDs you just drive in.

Only one I know they check you in is Silverstone and everyone complains about the queue.

11. That’s not how it works. Open gates normally. And half the trackbikes won’t have v5 to prove ownership anyway.

get your bikes on stands, with warmers, and your kit all over the place around it. Best case, chain bike to the stand too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Yeah it’s crossed my mind before.
    Is Oulton near Liverpool?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Aye Calm down calm down

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Disgusting that this happens.

Don't these scum know that paddocks are dangerous places and accidents happen, usually when they are helping themselves to others property.

15. Chester....so close enough ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. It's just over 2 miles from Winsford, says it all.

17. I'd actually say Euro's are safer, there's always a guard and barrier at the gate and most Euro tracks are in the middle of nowhere.

I just think it's the UK mentality, I'm not saying theft doesn't exist in Europe, but it's rife within the UK.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. And these scum have so much neck and know (unless caught and beaten by the owner) if they get caught there is almost no reprisal

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information