1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Damage To Diablo Rosso Corsa 2's

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by gregsf848, May 22, 2021.

1. Hi All

Noticed this damage on rear tyre when packing up at brands on thursday
    any ideas? my initial thoughts are i picked up some debris on track maybe?

would appreciate any input

Cheers
    Greg

tempImageWuRa5Q.png

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Is that at the boundary of the different compounds?

I think you should send the photo to Pirelli for their input and I probably wouldn’t ride on it again until they’ve responded.

3. looks to be tearing where the outer edge "carbon black" compound is. what tyre pressure? suspension settings?

4. most likely thing is something stuck under the hugger and cut the gauge in there, there may be signs of it in the hugger

5. no i dont think its the boundary of different compounds, ive sent a photos to james at no limits tyre support as ive often found him to be very helpful and knowledgable

• Like Like x 1
  6. i'm yet to remove the hugger, but on initial inspection there doesn't seem to be any sign of anything that has jammed between tyre and hugger and/or swing arm

7. cold pressure was 25psi

8. It looks like it could be where the softer edge meets the harder centre.

Google ‘Dave Moss tyre wear’ as if it’s a suspension issue (although unless you’ve changed stuff why would it be?!) he’ll have it listed in a video or blog somewhere

9. I do think it’s the boundary. It’s bang on the line. I run the same on my track bike.

10. Take it to your tyre supplier too let them have some input, might be a dodgy production run. I’m sure Pirelli would or should be interested in looking at that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. it definitely, 100% is where the the carbon black meets the other compound

12. Bolt head caught it under compression, exhaust clamp bolt? Did you run across a curb funny? Could have damaged it

13. Looks like a geometry or pressure tear

I’ve ripped road tyres to pieces under those circumstances before. I had a road super Corsa that looked like someone had been at it with a claw hammer

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. I had exactly the same thing. I got mine sent back to Pirelli and I got credit for a new tyre.

IMG_20200825_153653.jpg

15. Standard shit Pirelli’s :laughing:

I’ve had a few split before. Not ideal. Apparently it’s normal :joy:

• WTF WTF x 1
  16. Just a few I’ve had.

I know some look cut, but I can absolutely assure you they weren’t and ALL were agreed as failures by Pirelli/Metz and replaced.

shite 0ED78773-875E-417B-B4E8-F31450DAB59D.jpeg 268625F8-DD94-4C29-9D18-BBD437AF3182.jpeg 184EE36F-929A-41C1-A828-DCC86C589622.jpeg 52643E52-C095-47BA-B342-E6CDB0A5628C.jpeg

17. yes mate. At Anglesey of all places :laughing:

not ideal.

18. bloody scary stuff!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information