1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street Triple Rs

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by duke63, Jul 21, 2019.

1. 017AF611-19DD-4AA0-A34E-F6AE5E5F5588.jpeg 52E5708B-D9B9-41D0-B0F3-4BF2626FC94C.jpeg the Multi has gone. After six years of Multistrada I felt like a change to something lighter and more agile. There isn’t much out there that fits the bill more than this.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Never ridden the Street but a few years ago when i rode the Speed i really enjoyed it. In fact at the time it was very nearly a purchase but i ended up getting the Tuono V4 i think

Has the tech been updated on them nowadays with things like quick shifters and all that jazz?

3. I do like the street triple, get a pipe on it and a filter and listen to it howl

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The air box howls already.

Does have a q/s but the gearbox is so slick, even when brand new that it barely needs one.

Has a slipper clutch and Ohlins rear with Showa BP forks.

The TFT dash is probably the best in the market.

It’s a sportsbike without the backache.

5. Had mine about a year now, goes well with my monster 796 as they feel totally different .

IMG_20190704_200535.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Let's be honest, it's the perfect road bike. Had the previous model and thoroughly enjoyed it until it met a hedge.
    PCP deals on them are ridic as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Have you seen the TFT dash on the new S1000RR

8. Has anyone?

A tFT dash with no working bike ain't much use. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. I’m sure it rides like a dream........however it’s got looks that only a mother (and a blind one at that) could love.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I look at mines every day B1F052C4-0E9E-4D0A-82A2-F13B8886AE0D.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Lovely bike, I test rode one and my mate has one, definitely the best option for me if I were looking to get off the sportsbikes. I do think the rear shock needs a little set up though as it is pretty 'harsh' even for an Ohlins, but its a minor criticism as the bike overall is stunning.

A tip, my mate had hillside do a map on his, genuine 20hp all through the lower-mid range, and really turned it in to what it should be. I personally think it's been mapped as standard to keep it out the territory of the Speed Triple and away from a potential Daytona 765.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've ridden one with the Daytona Body kit at Silverstone and it was like rubbing Nutella into Kim Kardashian.

• Like Like x 1
  13. So you haven't seen the 'Hilltop'/Treetop facebook pages? They appear to be a fraud.

14. Nice bike. Time to try something different for me though. I think i am done with sportsbikes on the road now.

15. Well... so this Is the thing... I know a bit out EEPROM stuff and never really bought this whole (we put it in the space the OEM's don't use so it's undetectable).. However they did a before and after and seemed to furnish him with a print out showing a big gain, so as evidence goes I can't really argue... I suspect that perhaps they cheat the O2 sensor or they have some setting they change on the Dyno maybe. I haven't ridden the actually mapped bike but he raves about it.

16. The Hilltop maps are a whole different thread...pretty scandalous if it’s all proven by treetop

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cheers mate. Quite a few people buying the Triumph now that I’ve seen. Did you ride any other nakeds (bikes that is)? Be interesting to see how it compares the the Tuono V4

18. I didn't try the Tuono. Me and Aprilia don't get on.

And in any case i am trying to move away from bikes with high power figures. Had a few run ins with plod and the gendarmes this year and it made my mind up to go for something a bit less insane.

I tried the Monsters but find them very bland, other than the 797.

19. Yeah the Tuono can be a bit lairy

20. I’d have thought the 797 was the most bland, given its position in the line up?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information