1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter Clutch Cover On Hym 1100

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by folbjo, May 24, 2020.

1. Bought me one used Streetfighter 1098 magnesium clutch cover from Italy.
    Want to cut this out to create an open cover, such as in pictures.

Have pictures from the internet of such mounting, but then without rubber gasket.
    Have read somewhere that rubber gasket must be used when installing Streetfighter cover on HYM 1100

Questions to you; Is it necessary to install original rubber gasket

klutch hyper1.jpg 66ae96af_zps28b09ade.jpg clutchcover.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. There is no need to use the rubber gasket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. From other similar work I've read, you may need to space the cover (washers, etc) the same distance as the gasket thickness to maintain clearance. No personal experience tho'.

4. Hi RickyX
    Thanks for reply. I have no experience, just seen pictures and read.
    Have you tried, or seen it yourself, so you know it's going?

In the picture I posted there is no gasket used.
    Therefore, I become insecure when someone says you have to, and others say you don't have to.

5. I have an SF cover fitted to my 749 trackbike. I have not done the modifications that you have shown, it is a standard cover with no machining.
    On the inside of the standard cover there is a strange stainless disc (possibly sound proofing??) - this looked like it would interfere with the springs on the clutch if fitted without the gasket. Since it is a trackbike, I spaced out the cover with 2 or 3 washers at each of the four cover bolts. This also allows additional cooling into the clutch area.

Looking at the mod you want to do - the strange disc would need to be removed from the cover so there will be no potential for it to hit the clutch springs therefore there is no need for the gasket.

Det er godt?

6. I looked at the cover and actually thought the same as you. Have read that this disc has to do with sound attenuation.
    I remove it and mount the cover without a gasket. Personally, I think the rubber gasket looks ugly
    Thanks for your input
    klutch hyper2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information