1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter V2

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Snips, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Ducati have released a schedule of when they are announcing their line up for next year - included in full below for completeness, and I know it's been posted in the Desert X thread, for instance, but I thought I'd post it in a thread dedicated to the V2.

There was the world's worst spy shot posted, but it looks like we'll need to wait until the 11th November to get full details.

EPISODE 04
    A new fighter in town
    November 11, 2 p.m. GMT

I'm very interested to see this, as I have cash waiting for a V2 S (with Ohlins, not necessarily semi-active), though I sadly doubt they'll release an S model, and Ducati will miss out on a potential sale (as they did until they release the 959 Corse), and I'll mostly likely get a Speed Triple 1200 RS. The SF V4 seat height is too tall for me.

It will obviously have the Panigale V2 engine, presumably tuned slightly differently for more torque low down, and also presumably keep the single-sided swinging arm. I hope it will keep the wings even if they aren't needed or functional, bike wouldn't look right without them.

I'd also like to see the 2022 Models of both V4 and V2 SF include SatNav and cruise-control

Any other predictions?

Here's that full schedule of Ducati announcements.

EPISODE 01

Your everyday wonder

September 30, 3 p.m. BST

[​IMG]
    EPISODE 02

Mark your roots

October 14, 3 p.m. BST

[​IMG]
    EPISODE 03

Rule all mountains

October 28, 3 p.m. BST

[​IMG]
    EPISODE 04

A new fighter in town

November 11, 2 p.m. GMT

[​IMG]
    EPISODE 05

The evolution of speed

November 25, 2 p.m. GMT

[​IMG]
    EPISODE 06

Dream Wilder - DesertX

December 9, 2 p.m. GMT

2. I'm quite intrigued to see the SF V2 and agree it'll unlikely have ohlins, active or not, but I doubt the seat height will be any lower than the SF V4 as unless I'm mistaken the superbike they're based on the V2 has 840mm and the V4 835mm

I think the SF V4 seat height comes from the thicker seat which I'd prefer, plus I'm tall so I'd rather the leg room.

3. I was also intrigued to see what they did with the PP Multi V4 as I'd hoped it'd go more toward the older 1200 riding position and be more up high / super moto ish

Reading a tweet from Adam Childs the other day, which I now can't find so assume it's been requested he removes it by Ducati, he said it's a lower seat than the standard v4 multi which I do hope isn't true on the customer bikes. Maybe it was lower on the prototype and for them hammering round a track, who knows

4. You're right the Panigale V2 is also tall, but the seat and importantly, the bike beneath the seat, is much narrower, so my stubby legs can take a more direct route to the floor, and I'm fine.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I am also looking forward to this. I actually put a deposit down 2 years ago when it was first announced. Then Covid happened it went quiet and my bike broke so I used the money to fix it.

I am expecting a V2 fighter which looks the same as the V4 fighter but slimmer.

It will not have Ohlins or Sat Nav or cruise. Otherwise it will end up more expensive than the V2.

I also hope the exhaust upgrade option will be cheaper than the V2 but I doubt that as well.

I think it will make a great road bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Another spy shot

FB_IMG_1635440918144.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Looks really good, will be interested to see what they have done with the engine tune, I suspect it will be the same as the V2 Panigale

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Looks good! No wings?

9. Yep, great isn't it... Personally I can deal with them when done like they are on the Fireblade, but that's my limit, it really is. I wonder if it runs any cooler than the Panigale V2, I doubt it, there's an awful lot of bodywork in and around the engine still.

10. Looks better than the V4 I think, without those stupid wings, basically it’s a V2 with flat bars so I don’t think there will be any big surprise about it.
    Looks like it’s been through a fair bit of weather judging by the shite all over it!
    When you are asking if it runs cooler than the V2,…. It might do for a short while until those radiators get clogged up with mud :confused: the bottom one in particular gets blasted with all the crap on the roads and the elements get clogged pretty quickly, as if that’s not bad enough, it only has a fan on the bottom radiator that is trying to draw air through exactly the same spot that gets clogged with mud so it’s not very effective.
    Time Ducati came up with a better solution than this, if my memory serves me correctly, didn’t the Honda Firestorm ( blast from the past :D ) have side mounted radiators :thinkingface: ?
    Something like that would be a better long term option .

Might have a look at this V2 Streetfighter when it comes out providing its not silly money and it’ll probably do a lot better than 80 - 90 miles to a tankful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Im guessing the 1299 motor in there?

12. I'm guessing the 959 motor :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. No, I think it’s the 959 V2 motor judging by the exhaust arrangement?

14. Meh, bung the 1198 lump in it. Torque!

15. I think it's the V2 959 Motor, they won't be able to homologate the 1299 Engine for Euro 5 and 6. This might have less power than the V2, at push potentially a softer cam for better low end, the Panigale V2 even relative to it's 959 brother has some 'emissions' dips at around 4k rpm that are frustrating on the road.

One thing I noticed that's worse than the V4 version, is that the seat height looks un-adjusted from the Panigale, probably due to the fact the tank still goes under the front of the seat and the rear exhaust look is still high up. So this may put some buyers off.

The other thing is that I think it will be £14k, I think the Panigale V2 next year will be £16k with the way prices are going, it's all getting rather silly. I remember when Yamaha put the price up on the R1 from something like £9k to £11500 in a single winter due to the weakness of the pound against the yen, and it was the catalyst for what have been steady price jumps since.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yes, I bought the R1 at £9k'ish in 2009 and sold it 18 months later at more than I paid for it :)

17. At 14K, I might be interested, though I'd want to get it PPF'd or clear-coated, and the vids on fitting rad guards look scary. At least as it's based on the V2, it should all be sorted from the start, and avoid teething issues, certainly major ones.

It's this or the Speed Triple 1200 RS... decisions, decisions.

18. I think the speed triple RS will be a much more flexible road bike, and of course full Ohlins which is definitely a step up from the Sachs on the V2

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hopefully Ducati will have sorted out the shocking rear shock on this model. Other than that it should be a great bike for the road and with similar mods that I've done to my V2 pani it will be an excellent road bike. I'm hoping I'll get good money for my 848SF against the new V2Sf as it was the last one registered in the UK and possibly the world.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I'm glad the styling is the same look as the V4, and to be honest it works just as well with no wings. I don't think it looks worse for not having them at all.

The exhaust options should be cheaper, and hopefully the range is at least 100 miles or something. Maybe even bought into the modern world with a fuel gauge ;)

I'm hoping ithey don't launch it in the cheaper red paint job they used to do which was effectively not lacquered.

Maybe that's stopped nowadays on the V2?

And ideally it's still in the £13k bracket allowing the ability to throw ohlins at it all round, that'd probably cost £3k?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information