1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter V4s Wing Cleaning

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by carl556, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Can anyone give any tips to cleaning the wings on the SFV4 please? It’s a textured black plastic and looks shite no matter what I use!

2. Soft cloth and Pledge (other brands of furniture polish may be used lol)

3. ...or 303 Aerospace Protectant Trigger Spray UV Ray Protector...

4. Thanks Andy I will take a look at that. Might start with the cheap option first ;)

5. had mine fake carbon wrapped by evoboy on this here forum. looked great and much easier to clean.

6. That could be an option. Did you send him the wings to wrap or did he do in situ? Be interested to see some pics if you have any please ?

7. 20210515_141946.jpg sent them to him

8. Looks like he done a good job there. Got to be cheaper than the £1000
    Ducati want for carbon ones !!

9. That’s a good price. Did you have any issues removing the wings? I had a right faff getting the heel guards off. I had to drill two of the bolts out. Guiseppe in Bologna must have used a bottle of loctite on each one !!

10. That’s not bad. I might get the wings and silver side panels on my V2 done by him before I take delivery.

11. the wings came off ok - being ultra cautious - though i also mullered the heel guards bolts :(

12. I've found Simoniz Back to Black brings them up clean. I'd need to find out which version I used, was under £5 a tin.

Being a bit OCD does the carbon weave match the pattern on the official Ducati carbon parts? I have the Ducati carbon front mudguard on my bike and was considering getting the wings wrapped/hydro dipped if it's a good match.

13. no idea to be honest. he did it in gloss carbon effect when i should have asked for matt as the rest of my carbon is matt (hugger, front fender, tank cover etc). but didn't look out of place - prob cos the wings aren't next to any of it

14. I had the same frustration so have swapped them for DP carbon ones.

15. I’d like to just can’t justify the price did you manage to find them any cheaper than a grand ?

16. I was looking at these as well. He had them advertiser for £425 a couple of weeks ago so reckon you may get them a little cheaper. Heard some good reviews of his carbon apart from the huggers that didn’t align quite right. They look pretty good to be fair.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information