1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetfighter With 2 Screens

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Sidg100, May 7, 2022.

1. Hi

I cant fit on a Panigale, although I love the look of them. I also used to read Streetfighter magazine back in the day. I like a naked bike. Having traded my KTM Super Adenture T in for a Streetfighter V4S I love the bike but my neck muscles have not been taxed that much so the wind on my head is too draining. Iam 50 plus now.

I bought a Puig screen for the V4 S. It took some strain off my upper body but not my head. I then looked at an MRA screen that was much higher. I used an online tool to overlay images of each of them and thought they would fit on at the same time.

Here's some pictures of the 2 screens fitted at the same time. Will try it out for a test ride tomorrow.

I bought a secondhand MRA screen off EBay. These are the pictures with both screens fitted. Looks OK I think. Wish I'd gone for the darker Puig screen though to hide the clocks etc.

I'd say let me know what you think but I am not worried as long as it does the job. Bikes are individual preferences for me so I like it, if it works.

Sidg

20220507_132849.jpg

20220507_132811.jpg

20220507_132803.jpg

20220507_132749 (2).jpg

2. How tall are you?

3. To be honest, for me, I just don’t get it. I’ve done the same myself on big naked bikes I’ve owned, but always came back to the thought the look is too much of a compromise over the reason I bought it in the first place.
    Manufacturers make blisteringly quick naked bikes that you get the most fun out of when you get a wriggle on but the forces of nature do their upmost to work against that so when you have to start bolting plastic bits on to combat that I just think maybe it’s telling me I should have bought a different bike?

I’ve certainly seen a lot worse than this, and if it works for you and your happy with it then that’s what matters but it’s not my cup of tea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 6'2" Ruptured discs and a lot overweight ;)

5. Could have gone for a Tuono but other than that I fancied the Ducati. You cant have it all and id love to have more than 1 bike but without that everything's a bit of a compromise. The KTM I had was great but I am mainly staying local in my riding lately and not crossing continents.

Out of the main modes of transport, bikes have extensively been about individualism. They have always been customised and over the years I have had all sorts. Not everyone loves every chopper made for example. Its only now when I am older that I can afford the decent top performance machines. This though is about function and not form. The streetfighter is stunning but like pretty much all hyper nakeds the power far out performs the aerodynamics. Do they make sense? Not sure they have too people are still buying them for multiple reasons. It's one way to keep you in the legal speed zone I suppose.

I am just glad the suspension is good enough not to kill my bad back. Pretty astounding on a bike based around a serious sports bike. Don't love the look but posted just to show how both screens fitted together.

Off out to try it now and give more tax to the government in fuel duty.

6. Quick update. I officially don't care what it looks like now ive tried it. This is because they work really well. You can't have everything and they are very effective even on the dual carriageway. Like having a fairing up top. Love it.

The Puig screen would be better with the darkest tint so you can't see the clocks etc. Also would tie in with the MRA colour way better.

I have not tried the MRA on its own but wanted to shroud the back of the clocks anyway as its a bit unfinished.

#6 Sidg100, May 8, 2022
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
  7. If it keeps you riding then it’s a good compromise seen worse on the 790 community pages, it’s a no from me though looks wise.

I’ve a flyscreen on my Scalpel to keep stone chips and bugs hitting the back of the clocks.

8. That's cool it's a no looks wise for me also.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information