1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strictly Come Dancing

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by West Cork Paul, Oct 18, 2020.

1. It’s back !

That’s a good thing for some, a bad thing for others.

Personally I can’t stand the programme but SWMBO loves it, it’s her all time favourite programme.

Last night did not disappoint. The one from the Adam’s family who needs a hair cut so she can see properly appeared on stage in a sequinned pair of pyjamas.

The Blonde (the only attractive attribute of the programme IMO) appears to be the only person in the world to have lost weight during Lockdown I.

The narcissistic judges still appear not to be able to walk anywhere without sashaying and swooping and waving their arms around and striking weird poses like some puppet on a string whose puppet master is having an epileptic fit whilst on an overdose of amphetamine.

With ‘stars’ as contestants whom I have never heard of (except Bill Bailey) and whom are all trying to reestablish a dying career, including a 12 year old ‘pop’ star called Harvey (my sister had a dog called Harvey once) ffs who’s clearly already reached the zenith of his career and his life is sinking fast to its nadir.

All of whom, complete with all the backroom and off camera team of people, have to now live in one great big ‘bubble’, isolated together just so the show can go on.

Perfect Saturday night viewing. o_O.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Yes, yes, ok. Get to the important bit Paul, who are you going to vote for ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I thought tge important bit was the upskirting.....so I heard..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jasus!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ^ H christ!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. I love it. Something to cheer us up on cold dark evenings. Oti and Karen are fab dancers. And the blonde one is fine woman.
    My wife and I watch it together, we have a good laugh about the eye candy, there’s plenty for the ladies too.
    The wife often quotes ‘OMG look at her figure/legs’
    I reply
    ‘Have they darling? I never noticed’
    We been flogging that one to death for the past 5 or so years. :p:p

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. You make it sound much better than I previously thought. But not enough to make me watch it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I fucking hate it....everything thats wrong with tv today....in fact i dont know why we dont just call the bbc "the cooking, singing and dancing network" cos thats all it is....its false, plastic, chintzy and well, just shit. Fucking loath it.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  9. I do call it the CSD Network - how did you know? I haven't watched it for twenty years and probably never will again.

10. I love strictly :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Not a fan then?
    :)

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. What gave you that idea...:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. You won’t be voting in then?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Id rather stab myself with a blunt fork...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. That would make you dance. o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. I think id rather spend 2 weeks in a high dependancy ward than watch 30 seconds of that...

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I did spend much more than 2 weeks in a high-dependency ward. Wasn't so bad as they never made me watch Strictly!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. At the moment, the one who got blown up, but only if I really really really have to participate and vote:(.

Don't get me wrong, I sit there with SWMBO whilst it's on in order to feign some support and togetherness over the programme, but I'm either reading the paper or on here. She then asks
    'why are you on your phone all the time?'
    I reply, 'err, was I? Sorry' whilst simultaneously thinking 'coz this is the biggest pile of shite ever* and I hate watching it'. In fact once I was a little bit inebriated and what came out my mouth was the thought - oops :eek::(, that went down well.

*actually it's not, on a serious note it's a classy high cost production and great entertainment, if you like it, I don't, and I have the greatest admiration for the wardrobe team who manage to churn out such fantastic made to measure costumes each week.

• Like Like x 1
  19. My vote for that goes to ‘little mix - the search’.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. I have no idea what that is and am afraid to Google it :astonished:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information