1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Stupid 1199 Questions By An Idiot

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Nervy, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Hello,

I'm currently in the market for an 1199, and having just spent an hour or two on a friends bike I have two very basic, very tedious, probably very obvious questions. So, then:

Can anyone tell me what seat this is? It's somehow simultaneously tall, hard and sharp. Because I basically want whatever isn't this on my bike.

IMG_5488.JPG IMG_5489.JPG IMG_5490.JPG IMG_5491.JPG

Second question to follow as picture formatting here literally makes me lose my mind.

2. Question the second:

Can anyone tell me whether this is the original tail tidy? If so, is there another and how much shorter is it? To my mind, this looks like an anti wheely bar. I hate it.

See, trivial. And dull. Sorry. If anyone could tell me I'm pretty sure we could all go about our business soonest as if this never happened.

Thank you,
    N.

IMG_5493.JPG IMG_5494.JPG IMG_5492.JPG

3. Not a clue :worried:

4. Not sure on the seat, maybe the race one? Try a standard or comfort seat which should be better, tail tidy wise no idea which one this is but I'd strongly recommend an evotech one, looks and build quality are so much better than most on the market

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I reckon the seat you picture is the comfort seat which is much higher than standard and race. The standard seat is a very slippy nut squasher but the comfort seat raises your arse a lot and puts more weight on your wrists. I ended up shaving the foam down and re-stapling the cover just to lower the seat a bit.
    The tail tidy is not original but you want the evotech one as suggested.
    Boom!

6. Is that seat not the DP seat, basically ducati's version of a semi comfort, more comfortable than standard and as mentioned the tail tidy is shit and not standard

7. Ok, so it's the evotech tail tidy I want. Thank you. Excellent work you lot.

So, the seat is either the comfort one (which it categorically isn't, they'd be better off calling it the discomfort) or the race one? I'm confused. Sorry. For me, it's much much too tall, which leaves me feeling I'm sitting on the bike rather than in it, so which one is the lower one? Race?

I'm genuinely surprised something this massive can be so uncomfortable. The stick on foam seats on my previous track bikes were genuinely kinder.

8. The seat looks to me like the DP Race seat the comfort seat has red stiching on it and the tail tidy looks the same as the DP tail tidy on my bike.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. I don't know. It says DP on it as you can see, but beyond that I've no clue.

The tail tidy does look aftermarket to me, but it also looks shit as you say. Who would make a tail tidy that's shit? Makes no sense.

10. I'm so confused.

Can anyone tell me what seat to buy that is lower and maybe a bit comfort than this, please?

11. Just too add, I put a 899 seat on my 2012 Panigale and found it a good improvement on the original, I didn't like the way the original seat dipped towards the tank. I tried a comfort seat but bein 5' 8" it left me on my tip toes at junctions which I didn't like either

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Is it lower? Comfier?

13. Yes I find it is lower and more comfortable that either the original 2012 seat or the comfort seat. Ducati now use the same seat as the 899 on 1199's from 2014 onwards. The original seat throws a lot of weight onto your wrists

• Like Like x 1
  14. The seat in your picture is the ducati performance race seat I beleive-slightly taller than the original....
    Ducati performance also make the comfort seat-the comfort seat is also taller than the original....
    I have a evotech tail tidy on my 899 and it does the job fine, a lot better than standard....
    I beleive the picture of the tail tidy you have provided is also from the Ducati performance brand....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thank you Quik. I'll look into this fella.

16. Thank you mate. It sounds to me that the lower "original" seat is what I need. It can't be any less comfy and lower is better.

17. the 1st pic is the original seat 2nd pic the DP Comfort seat and the 3rd seat is the standard 899 seat

IMG_4919.PNG

IMG_4920.PNG

IMG_4921.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  18. If you decide to get the original standard seat don't get a pre 2014 1199 seat, it is very slippy, slopes towards the tank and puts a lot of weight on your wrists especially around town

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. There is maybe 5mm difference in the original 1199 seat and the 899 seat, the 899 seat being higher but it's only at the front beside the tank. It helps keep the weight of the wrists. Ducati changed the seat on the 1199's in 2014 to the same as the 899

Do Not Sell My Personal Information