1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Speedy23, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Just this last year become a Ducati Owner (the capital "O" intentionally used....)
    The tales of my travails with my 2002 900SS can be found elsewhere...

Fallen in love with the bloody thing, to the extent of seriously thinking about getting another. What I would like is another aircooled 2V but with a round headlight, and keeping with the cafe racer vibe. Lest you accuse me of being (yet another) a hipster bandwaggon-jumper, I offer the fact that I had a Guzzi Lemon in the 1980's (and only got rid 'cos it got W/O off on the M1 one fine afternoon but that's another story...)

So what are your suggestions? Another 750/900SS and mods or are there other routes to my nirvana?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wash your mouth out with round headlights
    They are square end of and un molested
    I’m watching you :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Convert a Monster to a cafe racer look, keeps Duckie happy as the older versions have a round headlight.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes.....could be the way forward. Research starting imminently...

5. fine idea, try before you buy would be my advice, I'd had a similar brain fade several months back and picked up an M900ie, a lovely thing but blimey they feel (are?) Tiny! Could not believe how different it was from the ss, will soon hopefully be swapping monster with an ss.

6. Its totally true, a small, potentially high powered bike, without all the crap. Its the entire reason I have one (apart from the gorgeousness looks, plus the sound).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Old school m900 or similar monster. Do this to it:
    6E757E5A-7301-4034-A89B-05089348C654.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. Laverda 500 montjuic/alpino S, easy, affordable and classy racer. Search twisted sister on you tube.

9. Twisted little twin 1.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Monster 900 or 1100S if you can find one. The latter still has the round headlight albeit with a bar across the middle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Now that......hits the spot. Yes indeedy. Is there any backstory with it?

13. :scream:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. I very nearly bought it. The seller bought an S2R, hence the swingarm, and built from there. Tank, suspension etc all standard. He built the seat himself and iirc the fairing was off the shelf. He re-routed some electrics to make the job neater. Very nice job too. We just couldn’t agree on price.

IMHO a 1000 engine would be better as the donor

15. Sports Classic? One on sale here.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. See my post re project bikes in the discussion forum

17. Hi Bradders....any idea of the provenance of the fairing? Do you know if it was a bolt-on or if the mountings had to be fabbed?

18. Got the impression the fairing was off the shelf but fitting was fabbed. The guy was handy with that stuff. He made brackets and things for relocating stuff under the seat and made the seat

Do Not Sell My Personal Information