1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suomy Helmets - Anyone Have One?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Bluehawk, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Always liked the look of the Suomys. Anyone had one? How do they compare to an Arai or Shoei?

Ta

G

2. Pm Dovi, he has one :upyeah:

3. I have all three. The Suomy gets a lot of use, the visor is easy to change, I use it for work as it doesn’t get locked up safely. Suomy I’ve noticed being a bit noisy.
    The Arai is my favorite but it took a few battlescars at Donnington
    Shoei Is a great lid but had to change the inner padding to make it more comfortable. Shoei doesn’t get out much as it has Aussie safety stamp not UK
    If I were in the market for a new lid I think I’d go Arai again
    Each of my lids have pro’s and cons and each fits differently

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Will do.....:punch:

• Like Like x 1
  5. No point, he has to say it’s fab :thinkingface:

6. Suomy-SR-SPORT-new-dovi-replica-blue-03_ml.jpg

Quite like it, though I'd have to have a matching Superleggera...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Back in the day...yes I had a couple. Weren’t/aren’t they owned by Frank Thomas?

8. I seem to remember nearly all the ducati wsbk boys used to wear them back in the day .
    Didn't realise they were still going....

9. I've got the Dovi one in the earlier post, good value for money, I don't use it much now as I was bought a new simoncelli replica for my 40th last year. It's a comfy lid, changing the visor can be a faff (probably just my fat fingers but still better than arais stupid system) and it has the best ventilation or all lids I've had, better that rx7gp, shoei and my current agv GP R... Overall I'd say they're a bargain when you compare it to the price of the other flagship race lids....

10. Have a poster with Ruben Xaus on a 998r with a Suomy lid....

11. The Simoncelli rep is in the mix as I’ve a matching tattoo. 700quid though....

12. Love the AGV, I've always preferred them as they fit me best... had to wait 6 months for the Sic lid as they only got them out of the factory in March/April as they were delayed for ages.. worth the wait though.. fecking tiny hole to get your noggin through but once on it's proper comfy..

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information