1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superbike Factory...thoughts?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by yellowducmaniac, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Not sure if this is in the correct forum but i'm looking at buying a triumph tiger 1200 from this place in macclesfield sight unseen and delivered, does anyone have any experience of them?...i'm hearing good and bad things from mates...bike involved is a good price and looks very tidy.

2. I've been in a few times. They buy them in cheap and sell them cheap.
    I have to say that whilst this can often work well, it is one place that I wouldn't buy sight unseen from.
    Aftermarket care isn't their angle. There are hundreds and hundreds of bikes all tightly parked. If you think of it like one of the big car auction houses, you'd be about right.
    In my experience, they don't lie about mileage or tinker with the bikes, they buy them and sell them. You pay your money and take your chance. In most cases I'm sure that's fine, but I'd liken it to buying site unseen from a car auction albeit one where basic checks are done.
    Their turnover is in such numbers that the bikes being pristine is coincidental.
    If you can, I'd go and look.
    A couple of bikes I saw there looked a bit cleaner on the photos than they did in the flesh, but that was I'm sure largely cosmetic.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. I collected a bike for a mate in February I'm glad we went over to view it , his bike was fine but a lot of roughish stuff too all disguised under a couple of mm of silicone spray so personally I'd be trying to get a look at it !

#3 theskitz, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I was trying to be diplomatic as it's someone's business, but that's the height of it.

5. From the threads that come up over time on a few forums I’m on, it’s very much move them on as quick as possible without spending a penny on them, so issues won’t be spotted and if tyres are ‘just’ legal that’s how they will stay. As long as you are totally prepared to go over the bike and the price is reflecting of the lack of detailed care etc then I’m sure they are okay

• Like Like x 1
  6. In fairness they were very straight about this ! It is what it is the salesman said but he did send a very detailed video !! Sound to deal with

7. I was there earlier in the year and was pretty surprised at how little effort went into displaying faults on the bikes in the online ads. Cracked fairings and peeling paint weren't shown at all in the pictures, I get that they don't want to make things seem worse than they are but who turns up and goes through with the sale despite the unshown damage.

That said they were clearly doing a roaring trade in people turning up not knowing what sort of bike they actually want or who arent up for spending hours trawling the internet for the right one. The staff seemed pretty knowledgeable and didn't mind wheeling a few bikes out of the lines for me to try for size despite clearly not looking to buy on the day.
    All in all I wouldn't be put off buying a bike from there but I would definitely view it first.

• Like Like x 2
  8. My lad purchased a R1 off them, rode it home and it never started again after 6 weeks of taking the piss they finally agreed to exchange it for another bike, no problems with the new one except 6 months later he is still waiting for the log book, seems after sales is not there strong point.

9. I've been once for a mooch around last year, there's no way in hell I'd buy a bike from them. Damp rubbish warehouse mostly full of tat.
    I could be way off the mark but most of the bikes look like they could have been bought crashed but unrecorded, repaired quickly to a low standard and chucked up for sale.

10. I doubt it tbh, but another dealer did tell me he sold them stock that wasn't suitable for his showroom, so you can make of that what you will.
    I doubt very much they do any crash repairs tbh, I think they just buy and sell indiscriminately.
    I'd buy a bike from them, but wouldn't go near it sight unseen.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information