1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercorsa Front Tyre

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Alan-g, Jun 9, 2019.

1. My rear tyre on my hyper 950sp has came to the end of its life.
    I dont want to run a new set of supercorsas again as il never reach the limit of a tyre and id like to get more miles than the 2200 iv gotten from this one.
    Will probably go for a set of Rosso Corsa ii's

But wondering how people find the front supercorsas, do you normally get 2 rears to a front or do they tend to drop off half way through the 2nd rear.

Dont know whether to get a new supercorsa for the rear justnow then swap the set when theyr both done.
    Or stick an rc2 on the rear justnow and change the front when needed.
    Front looks decent condition justnow but dont know if a supercorsa wears progressively or suddenly drops off a cliff when its had enough.

2. Whatever tyre brand/model I’ve had I’ve always had two rears to every front (except when I’ve had to replace a rear because I’ve picked up a nail/screw in the rear)

3. I was told a long time ago not to mix tyre types as you then get differences in abilities and adhesion front to rear which can cause problems. If it were me I’d either replace them as a set or replace the rear now with one that matches the front and then replace the set next time round

4. I replace as a set always. I get one for one on my 1299, sure I could stretch the front out, but then I think the front is the most important and change it for new too. new tyres = shiny

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I've given up trying to match front to backs with style and manufacturer because I do lots of mileage and change tyres for summer/winter and autumn. Currently running a road 5 rear with a conti sport attack3 which I like, was not able to get a conti rear quickly so stuffed a road 5 on which I will burn out in 5 weeks or so. The bike does not know which tyres you have on, it's a mechanical thing . I know what the feel from each tyre gives me and can ride knowing when each tyre is ready for riding. I prefer sports tyres in the summer on my bike rather than winter stuff because it really makes a difference, but then I do change tyres a lot so no good if you only are cracking 3-4 thousand miles a year. Yes sets from a manufacturer do work better but mis matched tyres have never killed anyone that I am aware of yet to date.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Two to one is normal but I smoked my front supercorsa in 1.8k and the rear in 2.2 so probably depends on how you ride

7. I decided to get a Rosso Corsa 2 on the rear and keep the front supercorsa until its done. Really impressed with it so far, only done 20-30 miles but it feels very grippy. More so than the supercorsa did imo

Do Not Sell My Personal Information