1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercorsa Leaky Tyre Valve. How Do I Change?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Dabiscuit, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Is changing a schrader tyre valve on a super Corsa the same as any other? Mine is leaking. I've seen videos for car tyres and assume it's the same.

Any links to kits would be appreciated. Thanks

2. The valve is on the wheel so the tyre type is irrelevant.

3. Thanks. I've found kits online. A trip to halfords it seems.

4. It could be you only need to change the valve mechanism in body of the valve. 2 minute job and then 10 minutes to pump the tyre back up. Andy

5. That's where the air is coming from so certainly seems like the case fingers crossed.

6. 10 minutes!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. This is the issue, it is the core inside the valve. I purchased a core remover from Halfords, but i doesn't have the pull to be able to lift the core out so have another tool on order that should.

8. They unscrew.

9. I gathered as much, but the core just keeps turning and the tool won't lift it out. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Just an annoying little thing to do wrong

10. Once its unscrewed they just fall out. Tighten it back up. Pump up tyre. Unscrew and air press will do the rest.

11. My god. I'm dumb. I've been doing it with this valve on the bottom. I'll try it up top. Thanks for the advice

• Like Like x 1
  12. OK I fixed it. I just turned the valve core tighter and it has stopped leaking!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information