1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercorsas 180/55 - From A Gsxr To A 959?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Mr X, Apr 9, 2017.

1. I've got some sc2 supercorsas in 180/55 from when I took my gsxr 750 to Le Mans last year and did about 4 sessions on them. There's load left on them and I'm not that quick

Any issues on using them on my 959 there later this year.

Thanks for any comments

2. Thread moved & title amended.

#2 El Toro, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  3. Come on folks help me out here

4. Don't see why not.

5. More like - don't see why!

6. If in doubt, don't use them or you will be worried during your Trackday and it will ruin the experience.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think my question is really does the 55 tyre wall affect the handling as it was designed to be and things like traction control

8. The rear wheel will have to spin slightly faster to make up for the slightly smaller rolling radius. This may or may not upset the higher more sensitive traction settings but probably not setting 3 and below. The tip in will be slightly slower with the lower profile if you are that sensitive to rideability. If economy is your driver and you are an average rider, I'm not sure will find the difference unrideable. If you are fast group, get a new tyre. Andy

9. Thanks Andy

10. Be fine if you turn off the t/c

11. I assumed you were worried about the wear on the tyres, wasn't aware you were concerned about different profiles as you didn't mention that in your first post.
    My previous answer still however stands.

12. Fit the tyres, turn off traction, getvon with it and enjoy it :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I can't see you noticing much difference if you are using the Diablo Rosso or similar on the road as the Supercorsas will still feel taller and more race like and drop into corners better. You probably would however notice the improvement of the proper 180/60 profile as having that bit extra tallness is really nice for handling. Personally if I had the cash I would buy a new correct size for the trackday and then change to the 180/55 for the road. Sorry to muddy the decision :) Track days are not cheap so might as well get the most out of it imo?

But I also 100% agree with @bradders all the same :)

14. Has anyone actually seen these mess up the TC? Because I go between 190/55 and 200/55 on other bikes all of the time without it messing with the traction control. Hell my 1290 says that the MTC only works with the stock Bridgestones....yeah, bike hasn't had anything but Pirellis (in the above sizes) on it since the first month or so.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information