1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superlight Mk2 No.006

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Coose, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Evening all,

Having after far too many years finally bought my first Ducati, I thought I'd better sign up and say hello, particular as I've already been searching the forum for a few tips.
    It's a '93 Superlight Mk2, which needs a little bit of work but nothing too major. Hopefully it'll have an MOT before the week is out...

I could do with another tank as the existing one needs a bit of work, so if anyone has one that'll fit, plus any other interesting parts please shout up!
    I will of course scour and post in the relevant sections.

IMG_20200817_164014643.jpg
    IMG_20200817_163957392.jpg

#1 Coose, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Welcome to the Forum Coose:upyeah:

3. Hello and welcome on board.

4. Welcome and enjoy!

5. Hi and welcome from a fellow SL owner.

6. Welcome to the forum:upyeah:,i did spot this one on Ebay but was put off by the odd colour wheels etc,any how please tell us more about it & are you happy with your purchase.:thinkingface:

7. Hi.
    Let’s see the Katana!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks all! :):upyeah:

It's a 27-year-old bike after all, where it definitely needs a few jobs doing it's all there and with a few spares too. I did question the mismatched wheels and didn't really get a straight answer but it's only paint at the end of the day. Hopefully there will be an MOT on it by early next week....

9. There are a few interesting units in the flock, but I'll give you the Katana for now and might drip-feed the rest. If you're good... ;)

IMG_20200801_144629325_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200802_085945412_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  10. When does a seller ever answer a question straight,:rolleyes:..sounds like your a pig in shit then:upyeah:,good luck with the project & returning it to O.E specification.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. They look strange with no purple anodised parts fitted?

12. Hello :upyeah:, nice SL and love the Kat, i used to have a 650 Kat many moons ago.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lovely! Astralites ! Is that a 1000cc one with slide carbs?

14. Welcome dude

15. The SL won't be OE, there no worry about that! It already has a set of FCRs, although I do have the original Mikunis with it.

The Katana is an 1100 with a set of Keihin CRs, and there are some purple anodised bolts but you can't see them... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Welcome along.Aways liked the SL.

17. Hi and welcome

Do Not Sell My Personal Information