1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superlight Single seat unit showing all the brackets etc in place.

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by sim900sl, Nov 16, 2013.

1. This is a pic of My single seat unit from MK1 SL #110 the brackets shown are all still available from Ducati and well worth putting on if yours are missing as they take the load of the 4 mounting bolts.
    If yours hasn't got any brackets you will 2 off each of the following part numbers.
    [TABLE="width: 296"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl65, width: 282, bgcolor: transparent"]Bracket Rear [/TD]
    [TD="class: xl64, width: 112, bgcolor: transparent"]83010761A[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]Rubber Pad Rear[/TD]
    [TD="class: xl64, bgcolor: transparent"]86610131A[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]Bracket Front[/TD]
    [TD="class: xl64, bgcolor: transparent"]83011261A[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl65, bgcolor: transparent"]Rubber Pad Front ( same as Tank mounting Rubbers)
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: xl64, bgcolor: transparent"]86610111A[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. Sorry I cant post pics anymore :mad: I have exceeded my quota ?????

3. As I can't see the pics ;). If I am going to fit an sl seat is this what I need for my ss? Cheers

4. It is but you will need two brackets that are fibreglassed onto the side of the seat these are no longer available but could be made I have pics drop me a pm with an email addy and I can send them.

5. Can't seem to pm from iPhone will jump on my puter and send you a pm. Thanks so much.

6. And me!!

Something I may get round to...................

AL

7. Here we than to Al (Arquebus) :smile:
    Underneath od seat showing Brackets
    Original seat unit.jpg

Original seat unit.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Close up of brackets
    Brackets.jpg

Brackets.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gotcha, Thanks....

All I need to do now is find a seat......

AL

10. Close up of rear bracket that the rear metal brackets and rubbers bolt too
    Bracket glassed in.jpg

Bracket glassed in.jpg

11. Rear bracket bolted on
    bolted on rear bracket.jpg

bolted on rear bracket.jpg

12. I bought a Ricambi weis one from Germany , not bad but will be a bit of a faff to mark everything and fit it properly. I will post some pics in due Corse !

13. AL, I got one from a guy on ebay that does replica fibreglass, not a bad seat strength wise but not so good as a moulding. this is though to your advantage as the mould has not been cleaned up so all of the mount holes are clearly visible and its dead easy to just drill em out, it then just takes a little more time to flat the gel coat off and paint it.

14. bracket.jpg Homemade!!

bracket.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. I made my own out of an old road sign! the drawings are on here somewhere to copy :) Also, never needed the back brackets? and the rubbers are same as those under your petrol tanks :)

16. I just want a single seat.........that my missus won't kill me for getting it...........Bwaaah Ahhhh Bawaaaalh AhaaaaaaH!!!!!

17. Calm down dear, it's only a single seat.

18. But, just to upset you further, i got hold of a genuine superlight numberboard and got it copied by a local grafix guy, all the others seem to be too small, looks great.

19. As Duke600 says, you can do without the two back supports. If you want to be 100% authentic then fit them but I've found just using the two large front ones and the four seat bolts is sufficient. They're bolted through the seat into the underside of the seat pad using the same holes, so if you have a pattern seat it's not too hard to find their position.

I have a drawing for the front bracket if anyone wants one...

Ian.

20. details of front brackets...

seat bracket 3.jpg seat bracket 1.jpg seat bracket 2.jpg

seat bracket 3.jpg

seat bracket 1.jpg

seat bracket 2.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information