1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supersport 600 Parts

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Jon Boy, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Hi,

Doing up a 96 Supersport 600 and the list of little bits missing and now required is growing. Before I bite the bullet and order the parts, does anyone have, or know of a source of, spare parts that I could tap into? Does anyone know of a Supersport scrapped/being broken up?
    Any help mucho appreciated.

2. What do you need?

I've got quite a lot of Carbie SS bits hanging around.

Nasher.

3. Hi Nasher,

Have not got to the carbs yet, but will get in touch when I have the missing part list.

So far, the bits required are mainly firing fittings and the two big spacers, indicators, air box clip and fuse cover. Will put an order in as needed but if members have some spare parts they would sell it would be better all round.

4. Oh sorry, Carbie is a term of endearment for pre fuel injection SSs and Monsters, I didn't mean I have just carb bits hanging around.

I definitely have a spare airbox clip, and the two fairing spacers.
    I also have a pair of original 1990's 900SS rear indicators, but I can't remember what state they are in
    I don't have any front indicators, I just had to buy a pair myself, but pattern ones are @£25ea.

I'm hoping to get some time in the garage tomorrow, so will look it all out and see what sort of state it's all in.

Nasher.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OK Got it :):upyeah: Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Making some slow progress. Next hurdle is the rear mudguard fastening bolts on the swing arm. There are (or should be) four of them and they screw into flush countersunk nuts in the swingarm. All four are shot... either missing or just spinning in the swingarm. Can these be replaced... is there a mod I can do?
    Thanks

7. Drill out the old ones and fit new rivnuts in the swinging arm? A rivnut installation tool is not expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks Dan

9. Hi all,

Engine finally out of the frame!! Everything is so seized and difficult :weary_face:. Need to remove Cams and head bolts (15mm) - all seized solid!! Before I start making tools or purchasing them, is there anyone in the UK I coiuld borrow them from? Happy to leave deposit, make a beer donation and pay postage... I'm sure there are people out there with the tools gathering dust just waiting to be used :grinning::p:upyeah:

10. It'd be worth getting in touch with the DOCGB (Ducati Owners Club) to see if there's a stock of special tools near you.

11. Thanks - will check that out.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information