1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supersport Exhaust Valve

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by JohnJ, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Just got my 1 year old SS back from the dealership with a brand new exhaust system as a small exhaust valve had jammed solid. First time it happened they freed it off. Anyone else had this problem?

2. Unless I'm mistaken, that's the same piss poor quality mechanism Ducati have been churning out for years bud.

I'm afraid it's something Ducati simply can't get right as it's been the same for probably 6 - 8 years, maybe more.

I know my multistrada 1200 2012 did it

3. I have mine disabled from day 3 on the Supersport. Plugged a thing in and removed the whole cable and motor. The valve is wire locked open. Now just got to do the wifes new Monster.

4. That’s disheartening!

5. Disconnected mine too, removed cable and servo motor and plugged in Healtech ESE D02 exhaust valve Eliminator dongle. Less droning around 3500-4000 rpm and can't seize up down the track.

6. Do you need to replace the exhaust first to do This?

7. Unfortunately Disheartening and Ducati are more regularly combined in a sentence than you might think :thinkingface:

It's ok though, shortly someone will offset that with the much loved combination of passion and soul, then all will be right again :upyeah:

Sneaky buggers these Italian marketers mate ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. No need to replace the exhaust first @its me...

The valves are designed to fail safe open so once the servo and cables have been removed the valve stays open. I have done this on all ours and never had any problems, I exercise the valves by hand each time I have the fairing and covers off for cleaning just to keep the valve moving...

The ESE eliminator that get plugged in to the wiring harness following removal of the servo is used to 'trick' the ecu in to thinking the assembly is still present and working and therefore now warning lights or error codes flash up.

HTH

• Like Like x 1
  9. Does anybody in Bologna ever read this s

10. Very wise! My first Ducati and already hooked❤️ BUT fitting a rubbish component on a high-end product has got to be bad business. Mine has already cost Ducati two 60 mile recoveries and a whole new exhaust. And you wouldn’t expect to have to take a spanner to a new Audi!

11. No as I said I disabled and removed the valve motor and wire locked the butterfly in the open position.
    I would like to change the exhaust to get rid of the cat, but the prices that are asked for aftermarket exhausts are stupid money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Not just Ducati, but happened on my Honda several times, first time on the way home from picking it up brand new, also happened on my BMW as well....

Best get rid of the damn things.

13. Just wait until your chain see's a bit of water and turns that lovely 'Dog Sh*t Brown' shade with rust...

Welcome to the world of owning a Ducati @JohnJ It is a little disheartening when you first get one and find these niggles that need overcoming but they are easily sorted and soon forgotten mate :upyeah:

14. This has been going on for years. Yamaha’s Exup valves were always seizing up and this was in the 80’s

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. :confused:

18. I'd like to say I'm shocked and surprised Errol but sadly I'm not... My Pani is still running the OEM chain and sprockets and suffers this look also in between cleans. They don't take too much effort to clean up though so I can live with it for now and then go with a better quality item when the sprockets are ready to be changed and I go over to renthal as I did on the 1198.

19. Ha, I'll give it a go when I get it back. It's at the dealers.
    Dash was a like a xmas tree ,traction control ,abs, engine modes, everything flashing.
    Nice shiny gold DID fitment planned for when the existing ones knackered then.

• Like Like x 1
  20. The engine management light on my bike came on yesterday, not for the first time. Inspection of the valve showed it was able to move freely but it didn't cycle every time the ignition was turned on, only if I waited a few minutes before switching on again, I don't know if that is correct operation or not, I suspect not.
    Today I hooked up a bluetooth ELM adaptor to the diagnostic connector and connected Torque Lite from my phone. It showed on DTC - P0475.
    This is an error indicating a problem with the exhaust valve and I suspect it is the same phantom error that I have had before that the dealer was mysterious about.
    On the way home I stopped for fuel, when I switched the bike back on the light was out! When I (eventually) fit the Termi the valve and the servo motor are going for good [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information