1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supersport Headlight

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Derek, Jun 24, 2017.

1. The handbook says that the headlight bulbs are H1 for the main beam and H7 for the dip. It is rubbish, they are both H11 and I have just replaced them with 2 LED H11s that came out of my Multi 1200. They match the colour of the DRL and have a much better light output.

2. Bugger! I moved the bike just now and found that the bottom yoke touches lamp fan housings on full lock and knocks them askew in their mounts. I may need to look for LEDs with a lower profile fan.

3. Projector or reflector??

4. Reflector.

5. Depends on the LEDs you use. Those that use COB LEDs at the focal point of the reflector work very well. I used them on them Multi and had no problems with the beam pattern

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. Derek, not sure what you mean by main and dip, but what the handbook says and what my bike (delivered yesterday) has, are two very different things.
    I also have tow H11 bulbs but they are both main (high) beams. The LED DRL has two functions, it is just a DRL and it is also a full LED dip beam. It has two brightnesses. Is this the same as yours?
    The book says that one H11 is dip and one is main, but not on my bike it isn't.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well I've had the bike a week now and I'm still not fully conversant with all the functions but it definitely does not have 2 main beam lights. The DRLs come on at switch on, and I believe will switch to dip automatically if the light level is dim enough. Pressing the DRL button on the RH switch cluster switches off the DRLs and turns on the LH light (which is marked "Low Beam" at the connector). The dip switch allows main beam to be enabled with the low beam remaining on, so both bulbs are lit. The RH bulb is also marked "Main Beam" at the connector.
    I'd much prefer a full LED dip beam.

8. Market differences between France and U.K.??

9. Further investigation shows that the DRL does indeed have two brightnesses, full DRL and Park. If I turn the ignition switch to "Park" the DRLs comes on at partial brightness. With the ignition ON the DRL comes on at full brightness, if I press the DRL button it goes to Park brightness and, if the engine is running, dip beam comes on.
    However, if I don't press the DRL button the DRLs remain on and if I flick the dipswitch to main both beams come on together. I think this is what @bobt must be doing.
    Also, when I tried them in the garage, dip beam came on as soon as the engine fired and the DRLs went to dim but outside the DRLs remained on full brightness with no dip beam unless I switched the DRLs off. So the auto function appears to work.
    Bright though the DRLs are I don't think you would see too well in the dark with them, certainly not up to dip beam standard. It barely gets dark up here at this time of year so it could be a couple of months before I find out how good they are in the dark.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I can confirm that the Auto DRL function works a treat. I was out today and twice when I went under a tunnel of trees the DRLs went off and dip beam came on automatically. When I came out from under the trees the DRLs came back on. The shade had to be prolonged for about 3 or 4 seconds before the light switched but switched back instantly when I got back into the light.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I know that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information