1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supersport Off Road For Warranty Repair

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Derek, Jul 6, 2018.

1. I had my bike into Ducati Glasgow for it's 12 month service on Wednesday. After an interminable wait at DG the service manager finally announced that my bike was finished "but I've got some bad news". It seems that when finishing the service they had spotted an oil weep from one of the cylinder head studs and didn't want the bike going back out until it had been repaired under warranty. So they gave me a Scrambler Icon to get back home and the Supersport is with them. My worry is, for how long. And this is the best time of year too [​IMG]

2. I have a recall for the fuel pipes to be realigned.
    Has anyone else Had the issue Derek has?

3. Not that I'm aware of. The fuel hoses and under tank wiring recalls were dealt with at the service.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Scrambler will be fun in the mean time though...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I already have a Scrambler. They lent me the Icon to get home, I live 100 miles away. My Classic is much better as I have uprated the suspension and fitted a gel pad into the seat.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sell the icon for fish and chips then. I dunno, stop moaning.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. They should have loaned you a 1299 or a V4 :punch:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Yes, but I consider myself lucky they didn't give me a Sixty Two :confused:

9. You would have been fully within your rights to punch him right in the nuts for loaning a fucking scrambler.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. :(

11. Bu&&er! I'm going to look at mine tomorrow. Just had its running-in service, recall fix and bits attached. I'll take it for a run and look underneath.

12. Yours is probably fine Ian. Mine now has near 5,500 miles and the fault is just a weep. With hindsight I should have ridden it home and brought it back when they have a slot

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sounds like you have yourself a great dealer

14. I had a call from the dealer today, they want to pick up their loan bike. I don't mind that as I have a Scrambler Classic already and with the uprated suspension and seat it's a far better bike.

They also told me that they have found the problem with my bike, bits are on order and they hope to have it done next week. So not so bad as I was fearing.
    The problem is apparently due to an o-ring. I had a look at the parts list and sure enough there is an o-ring on each cylinder stud, below the washer under the cylinder head nuts. It looks like Ducati have fitted these to reduce the possibility of oil leakage up the studs. Except it didn't work on mine :(

15. Will they deliver your bike to you when it's ready, or expect you to magic yourself to their shop to collect it?

16. Delivery was promised. It's a 200 mile round trip for me involving 3 bus journeys to get there, so I hope so.

17. Good luck with it Derek

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Owe well look at it this way ... at least the dealer is on the ball and wanting to sort the problem out ASAP and lend you a bike ... you hear some right old story's sometime ...

#18 Packman, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Indeed. I've heard of some folks waiting 3 or 4 months to get their bikes back.

20. I'm just off the phone from the dealer. Work has still not started on my bike.
    They are waiting on the cylinder head o-rings which were allegedly sent from Ducati Italy yesterday and are not expected until early next week. So that will be yet another week without the SS, just because of a fecking o-ring [​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information