1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supersport S Owner Review

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Ravenscry, May 1, 2017.

1. So, I picked mine up 8 days ago now and have to say so far i have no regrets at all. OK there are a few little niggles but all can and will be rectified. 300 miles in and each day brings about a new level of confidence and trust in the bike. I wont lie my 2nd day on her in heavy rain wasn't fun at all, however I just had to trust the Rosso III's,they are sweet as a nut.

Ride: smooth as silk but obviously flatterd by the Ohlins ! Light as a feather and without trying to sound overdramatic it defies belief a little that she is a 200kg plus bike.

Mirrors: for me they are pointless, im wide in the shoulders (gut) which does not help admittedly. They do vibrate over the legal limit which i tested at 70.5 mph. Dont forget it's a v twin though, the trick is getting it in the sweet spot and the vibrations will go away. It's actually a good way of making you ride better. Long and short of it is they will be coming off once the indicators are released and a bar end mirror will suffice.

Exhaust: The noise is starting to develop now. Gurggling and popping away just like i remember on my 821. Yet it's still a little whimpy and needs some more bark. This will be sorted when the bikes run in as the full racing Acrapovic will be installed as recommended by the guys at Pro Twins in South Godstone. And yes i know it will make the bike look like a wheel barrow !

Brakes : They are perfectly balanced but in all honesty have not really been put to the test. But they do the job.

Tyres : Epic

Comfort : wrists are aching a little however i ride a Diavel and a monster so it's more of a case of the wrists having to strenghen on a new angle they are put in. Seating wise and body position are spot on.

Niggles : as above the mirrors. As its the S i would have like LED indicators on the rear lets face it they only needed one set on the back.
    Also the lack of available accessories on launch is poor to say the least.

In conclusion, it's a supurb bike and ticks all the boxes that i need it for.

Trust me take it for a test ride and let me know if im right or just plain deluded.

IMG_4036.JPG

#1 Ravenscry, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Hey Steve, sadly the only way to find out so early on is to fully commit. You tube never does the exhaust note justice. However i did catch a semi good clip to get an idea.

Ducati Supersport S (2017) mit Full Akrapovic Titan - Sound geil!

Looks like a mid May delivey for now. Will let you know if it's too much for the lug holes.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Sounds rather good and throaty too.

What's the rough cost of the Full Akra wheel barrow version please?

4. Exhaust looks a bit daft. A 959 Panigale style Akra would have made more sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. an eye watering £1980 + fitting

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I'm with you on that front Fire3500, Sure the noise will surpass the looks over time... I hope

7. Very good review, I think I'll book a test ride. :)

8. @Ravenscry will you be getting dynoed
    Be interesting to see what the difference between the systems
    And of course the weight difference.

9. I wasn't intending to do that, but now that you mention it it might be a good idea... nay my civic responsibility.

Can anyone recommend a good Dynoer ?? in Surrey

• Like Like x 2
  10. Great, thanks for info. MCN got a long termer this week and decribed the mirrors as make up mirrors on straws! Ive had half hour on a base model in touring mode at a demo day and want another go. Thinking of getting one next year maybe.
    Cheers, Keith.

11. Looks like we're on the same page Steve
    I've only ridden the bike for an hour
    But mirrors I'm going have to have a serious look at them and see what alternatives I can find.
    I don't accept it's a twin so you have to put up with it even if I have to try anti vibration pads.
    And neutral it does seem it's a common problem with this engine ,Salesman runs a monster and told me it the same with his bike it's getting better but he put few thousand on his
    So don't expect any improvements soon.
    The only other gripe I have is with the pillion seat this bike could have been such a good two up bike if they made the rear of the bike longer to accommodate a true pillon seat,instead we have this silly stalk sticking out the back of the bike to house the number plate ,grrrrrrr
    Still loved the bike tho and it's killing me having to wait for mine
    I'm sure I'll love it,ducati have done it again they have produced a bike that looks like it's doing 100mph when it's stood still

#12 Teztec, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  12. If you want neutral when your approaching the lights etc, then find it when the bike is still rolling before you're fully stopped. I find it easier to select neutral on my bikes in this way. When the engine is warm its not too bad, but when they're cold it can be a bugger to find.

Good right up though.

13. The same principle must apply as with hydraulic clutches. You need some free play at the lever, so that there is no pressure on the clutch release bearing. However, that play should be minimal in order to get the maximum length of pull to minimise drag. No more than 2 or three mm I'd guess at but it probably tells you in the manual.

14. I'd aim at 3mm then, to try and get as much lift as possible.
    Clutch drag is a right pain... :(

15. As long as theres a bit of slack at the lever when motors hot the clutch plates are fully home. 1-2mm should be ok, then you will get full seperation when lever is in.

16. Thats what I'd have
    thought - maybe the 3-4mm in the manual is a cold figure designed to allow for changes as the motor warms up.

17. Few treats for the 1st service

IMG_4107.JPG IMG_4108.JPG IMG_4109.JPG

18. Yes I want to do the tail tidy
    But I will go down the third party route
    Ducati prices r to rich for me :)
    But I need to check the luggage won't foul the indicators

I'm just waiting conformation on the venture shield
    It should be fitted tomorrow ready for me to collect Saturday
    This waiting killing me!made worse by the fact I handed them the 1199 three weeks ago
    Think the luggage is on back order with the heated grips .
    But the comfort seat arrived :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information