1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Suspect Connection

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by t3scn, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Evening all,

Our Multi needed a 15k service which thankfully JHP were able to fit in before we head to the Alps on Tuesday, overalls I'm impressed with the service.

But after unloading the bike at home I have noticed a cable hanging down which clearly isn't connected to anything but I suspect it should be.

There is a line of dirt on the top ridge which suggests it was once plugged in and is now in a strange environment away from its home. The trouble is where should it plug in, I don't want to have to head back up to JHP if it's easy to resolve.

Any thoughts on what this should plug into?

Oh and they didn't reset the bloody service indicator...

IMG_0100.JPG IMG_0101.JPG IMG_0102.JPG IMG_0103.JPG

2. Mine has the same IIRC, just floats around. Cant check as its not here but pretty sure.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. That's good news if you are right buddy, just worries me that it looks so clean o_O

4. Just simply thats it tucked away normally I think.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'd ask JHP.

6. I think that is your cooling fan connector

There are two one on each side of the radiator, I would check there, it may not have been re-connected after the service

Your radiator will have been removed for the 15k service

You best have a good check before your trip, you don't want the bike overheating and blowing a head gasket!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Agreed, it's most certainly one of the fan connectors.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. It was indeed, right hand fan left unplugged. All sorted now

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good to know, just in case.

10. So have you reconnected yours to the fan?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. As I said, my bike isn't here. There is a connector like this floating around somewhere, may be under the seat or higher up

12. As I said, my bike isn't here. There is a connector like this floating around somewhere, may be under the seat or higher up

13. Yes I have indeed. Took some time to find the other end it was attached the the frame and hidden behind what I think is the rectifier.

@bradders, thanks for the offer but all sorted

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information