1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Suspension Advice

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Carl848, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Looking for advice on adjusting the suspension on my 848 Evo, had it about 12 months and when purchased came set to standard default settings as from factory. I'm tall and weigh circa 200kg so wondering if I would benefit from setting it up to ride stiffer and if so whether anyone has access to the necessary tables or similar to do this?

2. I cant help, however I feel your pain. I have an 848 Evo and I am just under 70kg and it bounces me about all over! Hard as a damn rock! o_O:joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 200 kgs? Are you sure?
    Öhlins shock with ride height adjuster, spring change and setup should sort it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Just seen you're in Yorkshire, I use alpha suspension in Leeds. Top service. Might be worth calling him first for advice....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You could give him your old settings o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. 200KG? Are you in Worlds Strongest Man? :astonished:

Nothing over 85kg and you will need stiffer fork springs, over 95kg and stiffer rear too (for road riding) :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Oops, senior moment there. Meant 100kg or 16.5 stone. Have been playing around with front settings however it's a bit random as I don't really know what the right set up should feel like

8. You had a good dump? :poop:
    We were a little puzzled, Bettes, don't need yer data buddy o_O:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rear spring may be ok but the front really light. try setting your rider sag and see if you can get close to it. If you want them rebuilt/serviced, let @PGP sort it, he did wonders with my old one when I was 105kg :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. :joy:

I was just wondering to myself whether there's even a suspension setup available to make a 200kg bloke work with an 848 :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I have an 848 Evo got the suspension set up at Jordans been fine ever since and I float between 67-70kgs

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Erm, yes - see above : unamused:

13. Well this is awkward.....o_O

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. When I had my 848 I had the suspension set up by Kais.

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  15. there is no 200kg bloke, or set up, described above...

16. You wanna tell exige that ;)

17. Thanks

18. No point. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Hi there i realize now you meant 100 kg & not 200kg phew .... you can certainly make it feel better with what you've got but will never be at optimum , basically more pre-load & compression back & front , but ideally it needs to be re-sprung as a minimum , next would be a good thorough service & re-gas of the shock & thorough strip & service with modifications of the forks , also an adjustable ride height linkage is a very good idea any questions please call Paul 07733174990

20. Thanks Paul, had hoped it would simply be a case of tweaking settings, you've certainly given me something to think about

Do Not Sell My Personal Information