1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Suspension Improvements/upgrade

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by aviating cud, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Anyone done any suspension improvements or upgrades? Was it worth it? What did you do?TIA.

2. A glance at the tread title and I though that it said. "Pension Improvements/Upgrades". I though that you were helping me to reach new heights of boredom and the mundane.

Not looking properly is what I do...

3. What is your goal / use of the bike?

do you just want bling or have you noticed an area which for you needs work?

do you ride on track or the road or both?

4. I have put an online on the rear, mainly because regardless of setting the rear doesn’t provide great feel, has a slightly flat tyre sensation, also was the case on 899. I wanted one and a mate was selling one so was a good upgrade for less than they are new

130A5D35-F74A-4C56-964C-0D5535759368.jpeg
    1628C26C-1CD0-42EA-869F-75055CAA4D0D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ducati’s start with rear when it comes to upgrade, and expert told me. So spend on the rear mostly, front springs and valves at most unless racing/fast track days.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. It’s probably going to be both. I haven’t got the bike yet but if it’s anything like my sf848 the standard suspension is beyond rubbish. On the test ride I felt the suspension was a bit harsh for the road, especially as I ride on the quieter B roads.

7. I was thinking Maxton as I’ve used them for all of my bikes, road, track and race. Happy to have anyone’s view on the stock suspension before I blow the budget.

8. I got the suspension properly setup. Also had it lowered so I can reach the floor.
    It’s good enough for track antics. The bike is faster than me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I got one of these…

C79143DB-D33C-4616-949A-D7222FA87588.jpeg

Easily the best money I’ve spent on the bike, normal compression and rebound adjustment on the black and silver screws on the top and the big red disc in the centre is what K-tech calls a “ Balance valve” it’s a high speed comp / rebound adjuster.
    Basically when the bike hits a big bump at high speed, it acts like a blow off valve for when the normal adjusters can’t flow enough oil quick enough and prevents a hydraulic lock, which is what tries to kick you out of the seat, I was still feeling a bit of a thump on standard settings so I’ve backed it out a couple of clicks and it definitely takes the sting out of big bumps and potholes.

Enjoying the bike much more since I added this :upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
  10. The standard suspension isn't bad. It's no good for top (and mean top) advanced trackdays or racing, but is fine for the road and the odd trackday in my opinion as long as you set it up for each scenario. I'd personally test it out first and see how you go on it before spending any cash. Plenty of good options though if you do want to upgrade as people have shown. (Like that Ktech)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I'd start with a pro suspension setup first which will make the world of difference. With your feedback from the test ride, this bike will be in stock factory settings which are set for a wide range of riders so ride sag will be out, and comp and rebound will be all over the place. You're getting fully adjustable suspension front and rear on the V2 so I'd make use of that before looking at changing. If you then find you start to run out of adjustment, then it's worth looking at upgrading to suit you and your riding. I've been taking my bikes to Steve Jordan Motorcycles Suspension Centre | Steve Jordan Motorcycles and it's honestly the best £80 you can spend, but not sure where you're based but there will be others.

Of course, if you have the money to spend there's no doubt you'll have a better setup so look into others recommendations as who doesn't love some fancy ohlins or Ktech, but even with this, look into getting them setup for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. One thing I found with mine was that the compression was pretty hard but it only had 0.5 turn from fully open left, although with the oem shocks I would wager there is more variation between them.

following a set up, if you still have issues, I had my shock re-valved by MCT on my 899 who said the high speed oil circulation is compromised so it locks out on big bumps regardless of settings, they must have been correct because afterwards I could use it set quite firm and yet never got thrown out the seat, it was pretty much perfect for £150

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I think I’ll go for the revalve option first. Once my bike arrives I’ll be speaking with Richard at Maxton.

14. I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and recommendations. I’m going to see Maxton once the bike arrives and I’ll see what Richard says. Thanks

15. I’d ride it first and see what you think needs what.

the stock shocks are a bit :poop: tbf

16. There’s a 25% chance I’ll have an Ohlins for sale soon… I’m toying with a bike swap

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Can’t get on with the V2, Phil?

18. What’s wrong with your v2? Thought you’d not had it long.

19. don’t wanna hijack the thread so I’ll start another once I know what’s going on ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Don't leave us in suspense :p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information