1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pikes Peak Suspension Issues

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Phartycr0c, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Bike suspension has become rock solid and is obviously not functioning as advertised...

I have tried the multitude of settings through the various menus, and its obvious that it is an issue with the system as there is zero adjustment taking place when I cycle through the various modes.

NO errors shown, Fuses and relays intact no clues really.

A duff BBS module is a possibility but befor i go steaming off down this avenue has anyone else suffered a similar fate with skyhook?

2. I didn't think the PP had electronically adjustable suspension?

3. I model, 2014 (?) had the Skyhook before reverting to manual Ohlins. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks Andy.... Now I know too.

5. Surprised you haven’t had warning lights. Mine did that and it was a sensor on the rear somewhere. Cycled a few times and fixed until I got into dealer. Tbh it’s why I sold it and wouldn’t buy a used one: replacement bits are astronomical if it’s the unit or imu/ecu

6. Thats the problem, zero warning lights. Probably some code number tucked away in the deepest depths of the ECU /BBS but nothing on board.

Iv'e sourced another BBS unit with exactly the same part number but different batch just in case and booked into JHP for a deep scan of the system. No warnings on this, Nothing!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fingers crossed :upyeah:

8. Update, after two weeks in with JHP it was indeed a brand new BBS. The sourced replacement wasn't used as a new on only came in at £220 me having paid £150 for the second hand unit so false economy in this case to go second hand. New unit needed programming in which needs a code from Ducati to allow access to the deeper parts of the system menus but it's all sorted now and good to go.
    The skyhook bikes need the ECU, Clock set and BBS to all be programmed together and successfully communicating for the suspension to operate successfully. It's the BBS that controls the suspension operation determining the inputs from the front and rear sensors and adjusting the suspension accordingly all very clever stuff.
    The unusual thing about my issue was the lack of error messages. This was down to the fault in the BBS itself which happily told the diagnostics that everything was OK with the system. If it can't diagnose itself then it assumes all is good.
    On the up side, DSS errors are usually down to faults with the associated sensors which can be replaced relatively easily and are cheaper than a BBS unit.
    Finally a massive thank you to John at JHP who was patient in tracking the issue down as it wasn't as straightforward as plugging the bike in and pressing buttons and because it was a learning curve for them as well, looked after me in the wallet department.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information