1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension settings

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by 1199s dewy, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Anyone on hear had a play and altered the std settings?

2. I had understeer problems coming out of fast corners on a trackday so altered the damping which improved it somewhat. My dealer only just got the tools and data to set up the suspension and when they checked the 'factory' settings the rear was set up 15mm too high. Haven't been able to test it since cos the next problem is I cant get it thru static noise tests - I have to wait for another 105 noise day

3. I have read that they have been shipped out with the suspension set wrongly in the Track setting which makes it far too hard and unajustable. It apparently needs changing to the road setting which makes a major difference.

4. :rolleyes: ......and people ask what can Audi bring to the business? How about some factory QA for a start!

5. Agreed the last few new bikes I have had are set up totally wrong.

6. Its true the bikes have been shipped set on F flat mode instead of P progressive.

Once changed to P it is possible to get to a good setup for fast road and track day use. On F they are way over sprung and offer little adjustment capability, only good for very smooth track use.
    We have spent some 200miles testing and setting them up for general UK bumpy roads, the end result is a better handling bike than the RSV4.

We are working with the Ducati road race team Millsport on the fast road circuits, will keep you posted on the findings.

7. I'll check our BSB Panigale settings and post them. Ok, we use a modded TTX36 shock and superbike forks, but things like ride height, sag etc should be fairly similar....remember, no two people ride the same way nor weigh the same.....

8. Look forward to an update

9. The front is sortable for road, the rear is way over sprung. It is possible to get a good setting but in an ideal world a softer rear spring is required. A 60kg rider for road it proved to stiff and even a 85kg rider for road it proved to stiff.
    Testing softer springs over the next few days.

10. Went to mct in Stowmarket they said same thing. Look forward to seeing the results.

11. Eat more pie, double pleasure!!!!

12. Tested on softer rear spring today (80) it requires a lot of setting up as it has messed with the rear to front feel. Let you know how we get on.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information