1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Suspension Spring Rates

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Regenwulf, Aug 7, 2018.

1. I am rebuilding the suspension on my 1199 (K Tech IDS fork carts and DDS Pro shock - cheers Andy). Trying to work out best spring rates to use - have spoken to K Tech and they've supplied some front springs which are surprisingly unstiff (what the hell is the opposite of stiff - floppy springs!?!?!).

It would be interesting to know what spring rates people are using. Post up what you've got, together with your riding weight and type of use (road, track, race, mixed).

Just about to head off to Magny Cours so keen to know asap!

Cheers,

RW

2. Have you fitted them or are you 'boinging' them by hand? Do you know what rate they are meant to be?

3. Cheers - items not fitted yet - on my suspension bloke's workbench whilst we set about ordering new springs. Currently I have the standard non-Ohlins forks and I was bottoming these out at the last trackday (which didn't have the 170mph to 40mph hairpin that Magny has!).

K tech have suggested 10nm fork springs which seems surprisingly light for my 100kg riding weight bulk... (plus another 10kg of leathers, helmet, boots etc)

4. The site says 10.1nm for track riding for 100kg so sounds in the right ball park. Assume they are linear not progressive? I'd imagine the valving in the kit will make a huge difference too

5. Cheers.

Yes, I'd checked a couple of online calculators and they ranged 10.1 and 10.8. I think my standard springs are 10nm and as I say I bottomed those out. My friend who is a similar fighting weight has 11.5 in his Ohlins forks. My current best guess is to go for 11s, but hence my interest in what others are running.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information