1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Suspension - Standard Spring Rates Front And Rear

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by d e d, Oct 7, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bugger off ya galah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Does anyone have confirmed spring rates of the stock suspension on the V2 (front and rear)?

Thanks in advance

2. Get a pro to do it for you and it will be the best money you will ever spend, don't take advice from the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers mate, yeah will get it setup by a suspension bloke, but was more curious of the factory springs so I know if they are within the ballpark of my weight, and therefore if I'll need to look into replacing them (sussing out expenses).

4. Rear spring you will need to change anyway it's a spring for doubling or carrying luggage what ever your weight, but your expert will advise. Spring are cheap as.

5. I asked Ducati HQ the same question about what the 'standard' spring rate is on my Hypermotard as I'd like to change the fork internals and don't want to change the springs if they're correct for my weight.

The reply was to ask my dealer. When I stop laughing at this prospect I'll try that, then most likely have to get back to Ducati and ask again. I don't understand why this basic information is not in the handbook. I imagine that, for all the sportsbikes, standard springs will be for the same standard rider weight. I'll let you know if I get an answer...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Have you ever met the people at Ducati HQ?

7. No, but I live in (yes, possibly misguided) hope that the factory knows which springs are fitted to my bike as original equipment.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Haha - my local dealer said "...dunno mate - all we have is part numbers...".
    Which is one of the many reasons that those 'factory-trained' mouse-clicking technicians won't be getting their hands on my bike. I'll ask Louigi Moto when I get a minute.
    Meanwhile, no answer from HQ Italy...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Why don’t you ask someone like Ktech, or MCT? They will have done loads of installs for Tri options and will know what Ducati have fitted. Also be careful because the OEM springs vary slightly which is why they often can’t quote an exact weight.

I remember Tony from T3 racing saying he had a box full of OEM kayaba springs from Daytona 675’s and you had to go through a dozen to find a pair that matched. It’s OEM, built to a tolerance.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Funny - I am looking for the same info on the stock fork springs. They are too soft and I need stronger ones but nobody seems to know the OEM rate. :rolleyes:

11. This may help for the shock.
    52A1EA98-D8FF-4D14-A440-69EBB199EDDF.jpeg

12. Ridiculous isn't it? It only needs one line in the owners handbook FFS!

13. They are the same fork springs as the 899 and 959. Same part number - so they are going to come in at around 0.90 - as Phil says - they are OEM and built to a tolerance so won’t be exact in the way high end aftermarket are.

I’m pretty sure the rear spring is 80 N/mm or as close as makes no difference.

Set your rider sag and see if you can get a decent setting with the stock suspension.

As long as you aren’t massively under or over average weight then you will be able to get a good enough setup for normal road riding.

The forks are actually pretty good and you won’t notice the difference in aftermarket unless you are are very fast track rider so think hard before making any expensive changes.

Rear shock isn’t so good and you would definitely notice the difference in a high end aftermarket replacement.

Rider sag aside the choice of spring rates is very personal to your use case and riding style/preference.

A fairly lightweight racer who is super hard on the brakes is going to want a much stiffer front spring than most charts would suggest.

• Like Like x 2
  14. They are 12.0 Nm front , 9Nm rear on the standard or on the S they are 10.0 front , 9.0 rear

I’m a ktech dealer so have all the info in springs I also do Ohlins aswell

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Those are the Ktech figures for the 1299 - the OP asked about the V2

16. So he did……..

17. 12nm front?! They expect every rider to be 140kg? Sorry struggle to believe that as most Ducati’s seem to ship rock hard rear and soft as shite front

• Like Like x 1
  18. I’ve never rated them myself, just quoting the K-tech info who have

• Like Like x 1
  19. I’m just having my 1299 done so I’ll see when I get them back if there are any markings

Do Not Sell My Personal Information