1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension Upgrade Recommended Installers

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tamworthian, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Hi All, can anyone recommend a good suspension tuner installer who can fit a new rear Nitron shock and Andreini fork cartridges to a 2016 Diavel, phoned a few locals but they dont inspire confidence,
    Staffordshire or Midlands area if possible but will travel.

2. A few words of caution, whoever carries out the work for you, if not a main dealer, needs to understand that the swing needs to be removed to release the stock Sachs unit. The swing arm pivot bolt is renowned for ceasing in the swing arm which, if it does, makes the job virtually impossible. Even at an experienced main dealer workshop when everything goes fine, the job takes 5 to 6 hours and I speak with experience. If you have yet to buy the Nitron, I advise you to check that the swing arm bolt can be freed. Living down south, no experience of good mechanics in your area but lots of forum members do so hopefully will be able to point you at someone. Andy

3. Drop a line to @PGP if anyone knows he does :)

4. Hi there
    yes i have done a few of these when i worked at a main dealer i don't remove the swingarm there is a way , then wash out all the old grease check bearings
    and repack fit new shock , good choice on cartridge kit good value for money have also fitted these before not a problem only negative is if you have'nt already got them can take quite a while to come through please feel free to call me on ....... 07733174990..... ask for Paul .

5. PDQ have experience on my 2013 Diavel with the same mods,but they're probably too far for you (Taplow) . they're also a Nitron dealer , which helped when there were some challenges with the R1 I fitted , it was one of the first and for some reason was supplied really soft and had to be returned twice to correct
    No need to remove the swingarm - it's just to get the remote preload adjuster out that requires removal . The line can also be disconnected which significantly cuts the labour time -
    I set the ride height to the max on th Nitron and gained a little clearance on the header which was nice

Also make sure you have the right weight springs from Andreani - some say there's too much range in the weights they list , but I found them to be perfect for me
    Good choice - best money you can spend on this bike

Do Not Sell My Personal Information