1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sw-motech Pro City Tank Bag

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by freshage, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Just bought one last minute in the shop as the wife and I are going on a 4 day excursion and we are in a group doing 7-8 hours a day so I needed something to stuff snacks and shit in.

After fitting, the rear end of the bag is sitting directly on the fairing it's self, it's a very soft rubber like material. But I'm curious, will this wear paint down and if so, how quickly? The only tank bag I've ever run was a kriega which was strapped down.

https://www.bikeroutfit.nl/en/sw-motech-pro-city.html - The bag in question

The quality is outstanding! A lot better than I expected, so I've no concerns, more just curious if I need to put some tape or something there. I can't see anyway for it to move a lot, if at all unless I'm bumping into it a tonne which isn't likely as with a quick sit on the bike, I'm nowhere near it.

d41a4fc1-1263-4af3-ad8b-b5b398e90998.jpg

2. I’m sure there will be toilets available on route and there will be no need to chite in your bag?:scream:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. But how will I assert dominance on pit stops amongst the other bikers???

4. Chite in their bags?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have a bags connection XL Trail on my pre dvt bike. It is a lot bigger bag than yours, but allows us to stick our waterproofs and paperwork in when off for a 14 day trip.
    When fully loaded it will rub on the rear top of the tank, and it only takes a bit of road grime or spray if its been raining on there for it to make a mark. Takes the shine off the paintwork rather than deep scratches in it.
    I fitted a bit of armourfend to protect the tank. Better to have it mark the film than the paint.

6. I believe that, for some bikes, SW-Motech advise using a spacer to raise the bag and help it clear the tank panels.
    That aside, I would fit some ppf to the tank if nowhere else.

p.s. I use the same bag on my 1250GS and it doesn't touch the tank - and if it did I wouldn't worry as I have ppf :)

7. i would say that will definitely mark the tank. I would use some clear 3M paint protector on the tank for a permanent solution, or electricians tape for a temporary solution that will be easy to remove when the excursion is over.

8. What bike have you got? I bought one of these - see link below to pics I added to a previous post. Mine fits without touching the tank on a 2014 pre DVT model. I have used it recently for a 2000 mile recent trip and really like it.
    Tank Bag Options For 1200 Multistrada 2014? | Ducati Forum
    If you can't adjust it I would add a few layers of duct tape that you can remove after your trip. Also take some with you.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information