1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapping Instrument Clusters In A Hyper

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Turtleossie, Jul 24, 2016.

1. So I have a hyper 1100 with an ill instrument cluster, I've tried in vein to fix, but giving up now.

Due to price of a new one (£670 plus fitting) I'm exhausting every avenue before I resort to a main stealers...

I've found a few second hand ones in Ebay which have the same part number i.e. (406.1.077.3B).

I'm wondering a few things:

Are the instrument clusters linked to the key/ECU? If so does anyone know the procedure for learning a new instrument cluster to the original ECU/key?

Second, if a speedo in America has the same part number on the back as one in the uk, what if any differences are there?

Anyone with experience, help greatly appreciated.

Of course if anyone is breaking a hyper 1100 with the bit I need there-on, let me know.

Bike is a 2011 S model with, I think.. an ECU from an SP.

2. no I don't believe it is...there was the internal part of a cluster for 200 quid on eBay last month...dunno if it's still there though...can you confirm the model ...old clocks or new (like the streetfighter)...?

3. Hi,
    Yeah, the bits on eBay were for the LCD only, and from what I can tell having taken my clocks apart.. It's a job to swap the LCD without doing more damage, they're glued in. Anyway, I don't know for sure if it's the PCB or the LCD, hence going to swap the whole unit.
    It's a 2011 hyper 1100, clocks look like in the picture attached.
    Cheers.

image.jpeg

4. Ah... There still there then... Ok... Have you tried calling rich at louigi.... He's always breaking bikes up...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Worth a try, I'll contact them

6. Nothing doing there, if anyone has any other suggestions for sourcing a cheaper than main dealer, or second hand speedo, for a 2011 hyper 1100 then please let me know.
    Breakers etc?

7. Just a word of warning that the immobiliser system is in the clocks, so if you replace just the clocks your existing keys won't work with it.
    All the units are the same and can be cycled through the country setting - it's in the user manual how to do this.

8. Chris at cjs has said that the immobiliser can be deleted in the ecu...from recollection...so you don't need a key if you're tracking it I think...so you could use another set of clocksbutmay loose the security of the immobilizer...

9. As I said, the immobiliser is in the clocks, not the ECU of the Hypermotard.
    Let us know how you get on though!

10. I'm beginning to think it might be easier to just buy a new speedo from a dealer and have them fit it, and suck up the £700 bill

11. Weigh up the cost of second-hand clocks plus sending it to CJS to get the immo removed against buying new clocks.
    I expect there won't be much in it, plus you never know the history/reliability of second-hand clocks!

12. Precisely, plus warranty on new clocks, and hopefully a free cup of coffee..

Going to give the dealer a ring tomorrow to discuss

13. By the way, CJS?

14. Hi - can you tell me what is wrong with the clocks - or was wrong as I assumed you have replaced/sold the bike by now. The reason I ask is that my Hyper 796 clocks have faded and I can no longer see anything on them! They work, they light up - but no digits. If I crane my head forwards enough, I can just see them - although of course this would be impossible when riding. If you did replace them, what did you pay in the end?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information