1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Swing Arm Colour

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by PeteKeys, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Hi
    Anyone know what the swing arm colour is please and can anyone recommend somewhere to get touch up paint. Got a few gravel trap scrapes on mine :-(

2. Carbon Fibre cover ;-) will help if it goes down again also...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. carbon fiber cover is a good idea - I think my scratches will be in areas that the cover doesn't cover though

4. Just thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone has any paint ideas

5. Just cover it up looks better

20181114_183929.jpg

6. a bit like the 748 thread re a similar thing about swing arm colour i dont think its actually a paint finish or something you can match with paint.
    its some sort of chemical process
    i would either get another swing arm thats unmarked or get that one finished in chemiblack or another chemical process like xylan...

7. Couple of hours work to remove it if it's your first time, else half an hour max. It's a painted coating on top of the bare casting. You can either get it colour matched and paint it, though paint alone won't stand up to rocks or debris thrown up by the back wheel, powder coat it, which is marginally better but dulls and scratches over time or get it Cerakoted, which costs more but will last a lot longer without the finish degrading. Here is a picture of the swing arm I had done for the 1299 in magnesium, a while back.

20170315_213046.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mine powdercoated glossy. 20181124_171727(1).jpg

9. Another bump on this thread. I can'y believe that there's no touch up paint for the pani swing arm - there must be loads of scratched ones out there by now !!

10. So did the 1299s have an option of a magnesium swing arm in 2016??.Cheers.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information