1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Swingarm Replacement Parts Advice

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Chris.King1, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Looking to replace my swing arm with a polished one. Not into bling or shiny things, but think the polished swing arm will sit well with the polished Termi pipework and black March' wheels.

Is there a definitive list of all the parts found on swing arm, such as bearings, seals, etc, etc. As everything will be replaced with new parts? Guess I can always look at Ducati schematics of the swing arm, but just looking for a list so I can start hunting.

Thanks....Its good to be back on a Ducati again!

2. You can polish your original one.

3. Will replace any parts that I think will need replacing then use existing parts if required. I got hold of a polished one for £100.00 years ago, but never fitted, so easier to swop out than polish the original.

It's a 748 SPS

4. Get a standard one from breakers on ebay and polish it's nuts off.

5. I was asking for the name of each individual part and what they are called that make up a swing arm to create a list, should any part need replacing.

6. Thanks...will have a look through

7. getting there with the polished swing arm, £130 for new bearings, seals, etc...I think that's quite reasonable

WP_20180917_08_22_57_Pro.jpg

8. getting there with the polished swing arm, £130 for new bearings, seals, etc...I think that's quite reasonable
    It has a hub...but haven't decided whether to replace it with new, just so I know every component on the swingarm is new.

9. The bearing in the hub is a single piece double height ball bearing which is expensive. When I rebuilt mine, I used 2 separate bearings. I’ll try and look out the article that provided all the information. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks Andy, always good to know, especially as you have already worked on a swing arm.

11. I hope you've started well in advance with the penetrating oil on the pivot bolt.
    Steve

Do Not Sell My Personal Information