1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Swingarm Upgrade

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Talentless, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Morning

Someone on facebook was fitting a 2moto battery tray to their 749, so I had a look on their website and they do a modified swing arm with a quick release function for changing the wheel. Does anyone on here have on or knowledge of one?

My bike has the old cast swing arm and I was tempted to upgrade to the box section one as I think it looks nicer and is supposed to be better.

here is a link to the youtube video

2. First question is "in which area is the grey cast arm letting you down?". :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. He prefers the looks of the box arm :)
    @Talentless there's not a massive weight saving, but the torsional stiffness is better.

That said if you can feel thst cast arm flexing, I’d enroll with a race team :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. @2moto is on here
    Good luck getting positive and helpful info

5. I bought my bike as a bit of a project, and the swing arm has sustained some damage at some point, nothing major just cosmetic. but easy to see.

At some point I will want to change it, so I thought I would upgrade at the same time, I prefer the look of later swing arm and it comes with the bonus of having tapped holes for bobbins, which i prefer.

I believe it is a straight swap.

6. That’s fair enough. :)

7. If you have termignoni or similar with your cast swingarm you'll need to change the exhaust to the system which will reach around the fabricated swingarm

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Standard exhaust, so no issues there, I will keep my eye out for one coming up, as i t will need a full rebuild soon as there is a lot of paint peeling of the engine. So a full rebuild will be required later.

9. One here, they tend to be cheaper in the US but beware ones like this with no important bits remaining like the shock mount and chain adjusters...
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-7...363967?hash=item521a961dff:g:GscAAOSwnypcf~ZM

10. I had a look at their website http://www.2moto.co.uk/ but couldn’t for the life of me find anything about the q/r wheel system. Got a link?

11. He was a member on here but left after an attack on his 999 Special build :thinkingface: he called at mine for a coffee a year or so ago (lovely instant btw)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Just round the corner to you..Did you offer your cigs too?

13. No silly (I don't have any) :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ahh yeah,,baccy man.

15. None of that either :thinkingface:

16. You are considered a millionaire if you have tailor made cigs in the 'shire.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. All donations readily accepted but prefer baccy :):upyeah:

18. he had it up on his facebook page Ricky, but I think he's not doing them anymore as he's snowed under with the 500gp replica work.

His prices for the kit were comparable to Harris if I remember, and of course you'd have to send your swingarm to him as it required modification and welding of the different machined rear segment.

like all these things, deceptive amount of work involved with QD kits.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Swapping it over for appearance is as good a reason as any. I have had bikes with both And can’t say I could tell the difference and never had an issue with the grey one.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information