1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T A L M A G Trial - Sunday 30 January 2022

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Pete1950, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Here is a suggestion for a run.

On Sunday 29 January 2017, make an early start and ride through the rain/fog/frost/snow down to Hungry Hill, Aldershot, Hants getting there about 9.30am. Spend all day standing around watching hundreds of smoky rattly pre-1965 motorbikes being manoeuvered through mud and gravel trial sections by a lot of old fogeys (many of them ex Territorial Army). And ride home again through more snow, or if you're lucky rain. Advisable to bring your own flask of hot soup and wear woolly socks.

I've been a few times but not every year - thought I might try and go again this year. Free of charge to spectators, by the way. Tempted? Or is staying under the duvet irresistible?

2. duvet for me.. None of my bikes are legal at the min. That and snow and ice terrifies me!

3. It's a good day out. I find myself unavailable to attend though :(

4. You and your bikes have something in common :)

5. is that coz you like ice cream?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. im a legitimate citizen!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. [emoji23]

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  8. Hope to go as haven't been for many years.

9. sounds like a good day out,, take the car tho a bit far for me .

10. Mainly for folk in the London/Surrey/Hants area. By the way, it's advisable to bring a bit of wood to park your bike's stand on - not much hard standing available.

11. TALMAG coming up this weekend.

12. What do we think - guilty, or acquitted?

13. As it turned out there was very little rain after all, despite the forecast. This is a typical scene - a host of BSA, Triumph, Norton, Ariel, Royal Enfield, AJS, and Matchless bikes waiting for their turn to attempt a Section. The field also included a Vincent, a Douglas, and even an Indian.

20170129_140222.jpg

This is a pair of MV Agusta 125s, very smartly turned out and sweet sounding. They are 4-strokes even if they don't look it.

20170129_135310.jpg

#13 Pete1950, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  14. The 2018 Talmag Trial is due on Sunday 28 January 2018, at the usual place (Hungry Hill, Aldershot). No doubt the bikes, the sections, and the weather will be much the same as the previous one. Tempted?

15. TALMAG is now two weeks away. Keeping an eye on the weather forecast ...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Weather forecast for Sunday is actually mild and dry, surprisingly enough.

17. ... and it was fine, dry, and mild yesterday, surprisingly enough. Large number of entrants (including a Ducati 160), and enormous number of spectators for this FREE event. Every bike there is over 50 years old, and they all start first kick, no breakdowns, no oil leaks, no misfires - the quality of preparation these days is amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  18. The 2019 Talmag Trial is due on Sunday 27 January 2019, at the usual place (Hungry Hill, Aldershot). No doubt the bikes, the sections, and the weather will be much the same as the previous one. Tempted?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information