1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T.wat 3.1 & Tps 1.1 Error

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bootsam, May 21, 2017.

1. Cant seem to shift these errors. When I earth the middle wire on diagnostic lead, the error light goes. However when I remove the probe it comes back on. Using MM as earth on continuity with pointy probes.

Errors are not on my race ECU when I swap them over. Only on my base oem ecu. Which I know was fine coz @chrisw just flashed it and if it was dodgy he'd have noticed. :)

Any clues anyone?

2. I'll admit I did chortle at the title

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. It sounds like the -ve and +ve wires of a diagnostic connector have been reversed at some time frying the sensor earth within the ECU. The fix is to apply a permanent earth to the middle connector of the diagnostic socket.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Thank you derek. That did happen briefly. Thought I'd got away with it as I barely touched the +ve before realising. I shall give that a go.

5. A touch is all it needs. Loads of people have done it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I did it. Sometimes that fix works. Good luck :grinning:

7. twat error? Chortle... Sorry...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Well the errors disappear when I earth the middle wire of the two. So I'll have to cut in and solder on an earth. Im guessing it worked fine when I had the OBD etc plugged in, is because thats earthed. As soon as I removed it, error.

9. handy info. nice one.

10. Rather than solder a new earth, I decided to just leave the diagnostic lead in place as it has an earth. Bikes fine now.

Sorry @Stu848 I was too busy trying to figure stuff out and get bike ready to hunt in my nuts n bolts tins for the cotter pins. I have several nuts n bolts tins and I dont know which one i put them in. Shouldve been the 1198 tin but theyll doubtless be in the 916 one or the general. But I do have them and I will start the hunt tonight and post em on. Sincere apologies but the 1198 was keeping me busy.

11. Found Stu's cotter pins

Confirmed. Earth blown. Fix = leave diagnostic lead on and connect to battery (correctly)

Bikes fine now. No problems. Ticks over nicely if a tad quieter than I am used to.

12. Hi all. I have this currently on my 1098, I had to replace the starter so everything was disconnected on lhs electrical wise.

I have plugged in a blue scan II diagnostic tool but error still showing. Now I have a 4 pin plug, what wires if starting number 1 from left, what wire should I earth?

13. I think you are confusing the Diagnostic socket with the Data Acquisition socket which is a 4-pin. The diagnostic socket is a 3 pin with a orange/white wire and a black/violet wire in the middle position.

15. Hi Derek

I am indeed confusing it

Can you advise the location of the diagnostic socket please. Is it under the battery lhs. And any idea how i may have managed to cause this fault as I don't believe I touched it or uncovered that socket

16. Strangely the workshop manual doesn't show it But it's down in the vicinity of the ECU, Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 11.04.09.jpg arrowed in this pic.

17. Yup thats it. It will have a blanking plug in it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information