1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tag Heuer Watch Selling - Advice

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by tricolore, Mar 4, 2018.

1. I have this watch which my father bought in 2000 for just over a £1000

Not been used for 7 - 8 years and has all the paperwork.

It is for sale but I’m also after some advice, it’s second hand value, where to sell, worth part exchanging and/or where. I looked at eBay but there’s so much fake stuff on there I don’t think I’ll ever get it’s real value, and prices are all over the place.

C5ED246C-0FDD-4AA3-9A19-0705621B2EEF.jpeg

Any advice would be welcome...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Keep it. You'll be disappointed with offers or resale value. Only a few select brand/models keep a firm resale value. Rolex steel sports being a prime example.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Agree, it's a Tag quartz. I really can't see it being worth a great deal. If your father bought it, I'd say it has more sentimental value than monitary value. Keep it. :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. keep it. wear it out, :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. That's what I was thinking....

6. Agree with the above, keep it. Sadly, Quartz watches rarely hold money and are not quite as desirable as there mechanical automatic counterparts.

#7 Wayne58, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. IMG_1707.JPG
    Ha ha ha, I just found one like this this morning and have just this second tried it on for size. I had forgotten I even owned one and it was lurking in an old leather suitcase. It even has pretty much the correct time!
    Keep it surely? It can't be worth more than a few hundred of whatever you have!

8. I've had this a few years bit similar to yours but automatic

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1814.JPG

IMG_1817.JPG

9. No chance, that's the camera on my iphone 4s circa 2011. I'm determined to get 10yrs out of it just to make Steve Jobs spin in his grave!

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Unfortunately, you'd be looking at £200-350 for it, purely due to it being a quartz - having said that, a quartz requires little maintenance, keeps excellent time and looks pretty much the same as an automatic - unless you need the cash, keep it and wear it.

11. rarely wear mine but I really like it, something really nice about wearing and using a watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. When I looked at selling my TAG Formula1 which is a quartz movement the same as yours I would have been looking around the £250-£300 mark on a good day. I decided it wasn't worth selling and kept it.
    The TAG never skipped a beat.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information