1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tag Heuer Watch

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by Clarkey63, May 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88C0B162-5C48-4A1B-BA88-440F5FAFC345.jpeg Morning
    This piece of history will be going up for auction at the British F1 GP
    If you are not a Lewis Hamilton fan then please move on
    I work for a Woking based F1 team and was extremely lucky to have won the actual watch Lewis wore in his rookie year in 2007
    I have a certificate of authenticity signed by Johnathan Neal
    He wore this watch at every podium and every interview in that year
    If you are interested in owning a 1 off piece of history then please get in touch
    Serious enquiry’s only
    4C776514-D84B-417E-A1A4-F04BBCE31396.jpeg

2. What would constitute a serious enquiry out of interest? (ball park will do)

3. Afternoon thanks for the reply
    The company who are going to sell it for me if I don’t sell it before have estimated a value of between £10,000 to £15,000
    I was going to put a reservation of £15,000
    Thanks

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. GLWYS - I think if I’m honest your chances are higher at the auction, captive audience who are all clearly fans of F1? The only down side is you’ll probably be paying 10-20% + VAT to the auctioneers if it makes it’s £15k reserve?

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Unfortunately yes I would be willing to sell for £12,500 without the auction house

6. You want to see if you can get this listed on collectingcars

7. it will look into it

8. Sent an email got a phone call said they would get back to me and haven’t so taken my watch the the auction house on tho

9. i know this sounds dubious but the authentication for the watch can it be really accurate? It does not give a serial number for some reason, odd given that all watches given to celebs from Rolex, Omega and so on recognize who it was assigned to . Not wanting to dis Mclaren but it's a high value item that needs provenience.
    If it has then i seriously i could be interested. Thanks.

10. Afternoon Peter thanks for the interest
    I completely understand your question and concern
    At the end of that particular year Mclaren wanted to raise some money for charity so decided to raffle off Lewis and alonso Watches
    I was lucky enough to win Lewis watch
    This was never given to Lewis as far as I understand he only wore it during that year at every podium and interview he attended
    If you are interested I would need an answer before the morning as I am taking to the auction house tomorrow to be sold at the British F1 GP in July
    Thanks

11. Thank you for your reply. But i still can't understand why Tag/Mclaren did not give him the watch to keep given it's low value?
    I wish you great success with the sale but for me as an investor who cannot quantify it's history. Thank you:upyeah:

12. No problems Peter completely understand
    It’s unfortunate because as an employee of Mclarens and having the watch handed over to me by the then CEO Johnathan Neal and given the certificate I honestly don’t think Mclarens would put there name to anything that was not correct
    Thanks for your interest

• Like Like x 1
  13. @PeterT its genuine.
    Its like clarkey says, I was there when it was raffled off.

The watches were property of McLaren Marketing and Lewis and Fernando would have been given their own by Tag Themselves, this watch was the one that the sponsor wanted to be photographed in any media shot.

If we were photographed in an official capacity then we were handed a watch to put on an make sure it was visible on our leading wrist- sponsor demanded it.
    The item was then taken off us.

The certificate shown is provenance enough and the serial number certificate it in the box, with TAG Being able to confirm in all likelihood that they handed it as a batch to McLaren.

Mclaren wasn’t in the habit of detailing minutiae of serial numbers on certification of that nature, it just wasn’t their way.

Even when they raffled off an SLR for charity the certificate never had the vehicle VIN printed on it.

Even the race team were supposed to hand their watches back at the end of season but given the state of them this was an exception rather than the norm.

Hope this helps to fill in some gaps.

14. Get it stuck on collecting watches. Which is an offshoot of collecting cars. You can stick a reserve on it in case it falls short of your expectations. If it does, you’ll get a realistic idea of it’s worth. If it exceeds your reservation price, happy days :)

I’ve run stuff through these auctions and it’s pretty slick. Definitely none of the crap associated with eBay. You will have to pay a photographer ~£200 for presentation purposes. If you called them now the auction will be about a month away. But during this time your watch will be visible to any prospective bidders. If it goes through and doesn’t sell you’ll have lost £200 on the photographer. There is no commission to pay. There is a 6% buyers fee.

15. Just spotted this… Call them back. They’ll definitely run it.

16. Probably because they couldn’t rely on him turning up at a press conference etc and remembering to be wearing the sponsors requested attire so no doubt before being seen by the media I suspect there is a pa somewhere holding a bag of the correct watches and hats etc.

And TAG probably didn’t want him seen wearing a £20k+ watch of theirs, they wanted him seen wearing a cheaper one that more of the fans could aspire to and own themselves.

17. I wonder if Mercedes will be flogging off all the IWC's he's been wearing... I saw a recent picture of him with two or three Big Pilots on each wrist. He's err, very odd... Good advert for IWC though...

18. Thanks for your interest guys and thanks sev for your words of wisdom
    The watch will be up for sale at the British F1 GP in the paddock club which is all approved by the FIA so I think it’s the best place to be to reach the most interested parties

• Like Like x 2
  19. If they’re all paying him he’s wearing the lot.

Remember when racing riders and drivers in the briefing used to have two or three baseball hats on their head and one in their hand? - same thing.
    Sponsor dictates what gets in front of the camera.

Tag would have given him the big money watch, but the sponsorship agreement probably required that particular model to be pushed for the 07 season photo assets.

20. She was the little blond bint always just off camera, soon as the shoot was done off came the swag and back into her bag of goodies.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information