1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Tail Light

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by ALAN OSWIN, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Had 5mins today to check why the rear light wobbles, turns out they mounting has broken, tried a Diy repair but not too confident, what a piss poor design, and no used ones about wonder if they all snap.

2. Yep, they all snap. Repairs don’t tend to hold too well either.

3. Tried to melt the plastic to form a joint, that broke soon as so the next option seems a bodge job but should work till i get a replacement. 20181022_112127.jpg 20181022_123903.jpg

4. I just left mine bouncing around :)

5. Nope ain't broke any mounting brackets, but I am on my 4th yes 4th new rear light because the LED bar becomes unstuck from the internal lens and rattles around like a good un. £152 is what they cost new.

6. They don't all break.
    I had my first 210 until January 14, no problems.
    My current bike I've had since then without a problem.

The first batch of original bikes had a very flappy rear number plate / light mount. The solution was to put washers under the 4 bolt heads that hold it in place, to squash the rubber mounts.

I think your 'bodge' could be a good long term fix, just make a full U section and pop-rivet it in place :)

7. Yes think it might be ok, could have done with some Meccano lol, not proud of the fix but at £150 odd it's going to stay for a while.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information