1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tail Tidy Final Revision

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Ok - just picked them up from the fabricator. This is the final revision. Ive switched to the indicator bar being separate so if youre running an integrated light or some other form of indication the bar can be detached. The holes are now slotted and the mounting holes are slightly larger than the holes on the pipes themselves as it would seem that no 2 pipes are the same so using the square washers you can move the mount to get it level. I let the fabricator have my old standard pipe and when I came to attach it to my termi it was different which kinda proved the point. Slotted holes means that you can adjust the plate so its level with the bottom of the pipes as they all seem to be a little skewed. Ive got 10 made up (it came in the price that I had to pay for the fabricators dev time)

40 quid carriage paid anywhere in the UK. PM me if you want one. If no one wants them then it was a very expensive tail tidy for me! but I thought id take a gamble - its taken a bit of time but I think its way better than anything out there. Oh - they will come with a LED to light the plate (they just haven't turned up yet). Look forward to hearing what you all think.
    20131122_081411.jpg 20131122_081428.jpg

20131122_081411.jpg

20131122_081428.jpg

2. They look good. Well done for taking the punt and I hope they all go to nice homes.

Might be worth adding which bikes they are for to your text/title. Black power coating would finish them off nicely too at little extra expense.

3. Well I did think about that but it would add to the price plus theyre alloy so theyre not going to rust plus no part of them are going to be seen. Yeah - sorry 1100 or 796 only - I just assumed everyone knew that - my fault.

I was trying to keep the price as low as poss - ie this one is half the price of the cheapest one out there.

4. Hi Comfy

No worries. It was just in case anyone hadnt seen the original thread on this and didnt know they were for Monsters.

All the best

5. That looks great! Nice one. Just what I've been looking for and good price too.

6. Switched out the original one for the new one. Thought id throw up these. Fits beautifully. 20131124_130425.jpg 20131124_132207.jpg 20131124_132226.jpg

20131124_130425.jpg

20131124_132207.jpg

20131124_132226.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. And a final one with it on the bike. 4mod.jpg

4mod.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Looks good, agree that the tail tidy market is naff for the hyper, have a hyper sp and I don't like anything I have seen yet, the original is a shocker lol

good effort there though

9. Thanks. I think ive ticked all the boxes.

Cheap.
    Well made.
    Virtually no space between the pipes and the top of the Plate.
    Can run with or without indicators.
    Incorporates number plate LED.
    Solved the problem with having to drill out the mounts (most people have had to do it due to the design of the pipes)

Ive got 8 left if anyone wants one. Depending on how they go I may or may not get any more pressed out as I have to order 10 at a time and so far ive laid out 400 odd quid, which was my dyno time.

#9 comfysofa, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
Do Not Sell My Personal Information