1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tail Tidy

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Pav438, May 17, 2014.

1. Anybody fitted a tail tidy and could they put some pics up please, cheers.

2. I'm guessing a Diavel. Just a guess mind you ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes a diavel to get rid of the Harley plate holder!

4. I've seen an Evo tech one fitted. Looked good.

I'm not too sure is its 'plug 'n play' though and doesn't require the loom cutting. This put me off. The DP oven doesn't look too bad either.

Just remember, the plate in its original position serves a purpose too. The rear tyre does throw up a lot of crap off the road, and it helps to keep it in check.

5. Fitting an Evotech one tomorrow to a mates so will take some pics n post up

6. Hi Pav,

Pics of the install although not the best ones it shows some of the points. Fitting took about 2 hours, most of that was trying to find the number plate cable route. In the end we decided to cut the OEM number plate cable and Evotech give you a nice heat shrink shroud. We cut it by the swing arm so that it can be re-soldered on no problems.

One problem we did encounter was getting the handle level, after a couple of attempts we realised a gentle tap with a hammer shaft centred and pushed the grab handle nicely into the machined groove.

Once the 7 screws are removed as per the fitting instructions this is what you see.

The yellow arrows show the holding plate for the grab handle extender. Don't over tighten them or the extending arm doesn't slide in and out properly

The red arrow shows the plug where the power for the number plate light sits. Yellow and Black, we stripped off the sheath and soldered the Evotech wires into the loom then used heat shrink to cover and electricians tape to be safe.

Blue arrow just shows the grab handle release button.

One pic shows the Evotech tidy made up without the grab handle part.

Overall the quality of the Evotech part is excellent and all the bits are in the bag when it turns up.

The bike is Jamie's (Maverick61) and he opted for the extendable tidy, hope the pics help.

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2125.JPG

IMG_2121.JPG

IMG_2128.JPG

IMG_2127a.jpg

7. Thank you jimvee that's what I want what size plate is that? I bet you have to watch it doesn't block the lights.

8. I think its a 7x5 and the camera angle is odd but you can see the lights no problem

9. Thanks ,do you have any pics were you cut the wire please, cheers

10. Hi Pav,

have asked Jamie to take a pic this evening but this is where we cut the cable.

2013-Ducati-Diavel-Dark-6-460x281.jpg

11. Pav,

Here you go, pic from the bike with the heat shrink sheath on.

Diavel JDa.jpg

12. Cheers pal

13. Wouldn't chuck away the original part for a while, just in case you get caught in the rain and get a bit fed up :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information