1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take Heart Vale, You've Got Another Five Years(nick Harris Blog).

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by WAYNE, Sep 30, 2020.

1. I think Rossi is repeating what he did when he came back from a poor two years at Ducati,2013/2014 he got up to speed with Yamaha / aliens and then challenged for the title in 2015 & should have won it.Let's hope that's whats going on in his mindset today.The only problem he has these days is that the motogp world has moved on with so many different winners available from factory & non-factory bikes.....just not sure if that gig is possible anymore for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I think he has the ability to win another title but you're right things have moved on and the amount of young talent that is abundant now in spades is not going to allow it to happen, as we know they are racers and they are hungry and need to prove a point to beat there more than likely one time hero and still hero, if that makes any sense.
    Interesting blog though:upyeah:.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fantastic to see he still has that hunger after all these years.Easy to throw in the towel when things are not like they use to be.
    Thats why in my eyes he's the GOAT.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. He could double up on his money being a part time sperm doner.....just a thought kids.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I genuinely thought that he was tracking Quartararo, simply biding his time as he looked so comfortable and smooth, in control and that towards the end stages of the race, he was going to nick it.
    I was so incredibly disappointed when he slipped off and to be honest, then lost interest in the race.
    To me there's little doubt, he WILL get more podium places this year. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1

6. WTF! So you're a Fanboy and not a MotoGP fan? I don't follow any particular rider(s), just love the racing, the bikes, the ability, and the courage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Aside from the issue with the factory Yams not really cutting it for the past few years, I think he may be a fitness thing as he often fades in the second half/third of the race. It could be a tyre issue but he used to be the master of managing that, so I think it's more likely to be due to age. He also isn't as ruthless as he used to be and doesn't close the door on other riders trying to pass him or put marginal overtaking moves on them in the same way he used to and tbh sometimes just seems happy to be there.

I hope I am wrong as I would love to see him take another title, but I fear I will be disappointed.

8. He won't win another race never mind a title.

Delighted to be proved wrong BTW.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MotoGP fan all the way, but whatever the race outcomes, skill inevitably comes to the fore, no matter what the age might be of individual riders.
    I also positively recognise the development of the younger guys too, some of whom have benefitted from guess where: VR46....I need say no more :eyes:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Totally agree with you on this one,Sometimes you've to accept your fate / medicine in life and move in a different direction before you fade away.:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information