1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take It Easy

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by MikeB58, May 3, 2018.

1. I know the weather looks great for the weekend.... but just take it easy out there. On my way home from work there was a bike wrecked on a roundabout at a place known for a bit of high speed shenanigans... looks to me that the rider just went straight on ... simply too fast. Emergency services all in attendance and ironically at the hospital roundabout (cirencester, glos). not sure how the rider is but can only wish them well. I read recently that the most common accident in the spring is exactly this... going straight on at a roundabout....seriously?
    Be good to yourselves!

2. Some people enjoy the thrill other's enjoy the ride.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I did that when I had a 125.

4. Thread moved

5. Sadly, bank holiday weekends put me off riding. Down here in Cornwall the roads are effing chaos. Add some good weather forcast and it's a recipe for carnage.

6. always ride for another day:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yep totally......ride safe

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Best time for a ride out is when FA Cup Final is on :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Best thing is to watch MotoGP, spark up the BBQ, enjoy the family and keep an eye on Tandragee on Twitter.

Save the heroics on the roads until everyone's gone back to work.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I did this the other year by accident. I thought there'd been a zombie apocalypse and I'd missed the memo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. But since he is in Cornwall, its more like a pasty, then saffron cake followed by clotted cream smeared on top of fairings biscuits...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. You're spot on Johnv! The last world cup was briliant for riding, late summer evening and clear roads.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I was living in Italy when they held the World Cup. It was awful on the roads when Italy played. - Long lines of cars driving together, bumper to bumper at speed, with people blaring horns and hanging out of the windows. Still they made up for it with great celebrations in the bars and cafes so I suppose when in Rome...?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  14. I thought that was just a normal day in Italy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Best ride I ever had was on Royal wedding day (Chuck & Di) - Leicester to Portsmouth in a very short time to catch the evening ferry!

Was en route to a holiday in the Pyrenees on my Gs750 and a mate on his Z650.......zero traffic on the road. I haven’t made that journey in a faster time to this day.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information