1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Takeaway Hits Back

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DucatiScud, Apr 8, 2021.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  1. Good on him. Too many people moaning about inconsequential stuff and looking for freebies today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wonder how many are correct tho and simply TA ignores the problem...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. They’ll enjoy their 15 minutes of fame but unless she somehow manages to parlay the notoriety into fame and fortune I suspect it’ll harm the business. I wouldn’t get food from there after reading the reviews and the responses they received. The customer is not always right, but arguing with them in public is idiotic

4. My Daughter works in a takeaway, the amount of abusive customers is surprisingly high so this article resonates with her.

I’m sure the owners weighed up the pro’s and cons and came to the conclusion that it wouldn’t damage them so badly as to hurt them too much.

5. I’m looking for a local body shop to sort the paint on my car. Found one that has mostly (90%) good reviews but they tend to be small jobs. The larger jobs, which mean full respray or similar and where ‘nicer’ cars are involved have horrific reviews. Late. Quoting £20 ph (which doesn’t sound bad) and estimate cost which is double or triple by the end. Paint corrections and post service issues. The owner answers all, not aggressively. Still enough to put me off tbh

6. I went to Pudsey. Not a bear in sight just a load of over fed porkers. Nice place though the kids were a bit upset at the lack of gift shops or a theme park. Should know better, Paddington was a disaster:)

7. £20 per hour isn’t so bad, mechanicals are £90 per hour in some places.

8. Can be £1 an hour if they waste time and do a shite job! It’s car body shop btw so nothing like costs of bike mechanics, which independent wise seem about £40-50

9. Price is no reflection of quality, not sure I’d be taking work to a company that rates their labour at £1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sometimes it’s the other way round. I had my S4R wrapped this time last year by a company whose owners used to work with that Yianni guy who is on the telly, they have exemplary reviews and amazing social media showing loads of high end motors, yet they made an absolute pig’s ear of my bike.

Told me they were closing for lockdown on the Wednesday but closed on the Tuesday without telling me so that my bike was stuck in their workshop for 3 months.

Sprayed the wheels the colour of baby poop rather than gold.

The first wrap just peeled off within days.

The second attempt was much the same, so they sprayed it and wrapped it in matt PPF, which is now blistering and peeling off in places.

They eventually sprayed the wheels gold but despite my clear instructions to bead blast them it’s clear from the fact that the paint is now bubbling and peeling off in places to reveal the poop coloured paint underneath that they didn’t.

On top of all that, every Friday that the bike was supposed to be ready for collection just resulted in excuses rather than a finished job for 4 or 5 weeks in a row.

I raised the issues with them, nicely at first but after their responses started to drift into replies along the lines of “well, it’s only a old second hand bike, so what does it matter”, I kicked up more of a fuss. They eventually offered a full refund but I felt morally obliged pay for the wheel painting so I did though now it’s clear that was a bodge job too, I wish I hadn’t.

Well. That’s that off my chest : unamused:

#11 Zhed46, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  11. @98 SPS why the disagree? Interest to know what’s to disagree with :)

12. Just an inadvertant, scrolling touch. Rating undone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thats really poor. Name & shame to avoid others receiving such treatment?

14. I could be biased here (well frankly I am) because my brother in law owns a bodyshop, but I would look for one who doesn’t do insurance work for the “big boys” those places are generally all about quick turnaround and volume, it’s the only way they can make money because of the rates they have to agree to from the insurance companies and that attitude tends to filter through to all their work? That’s why you’ll find there are probably penalties from your insurance company for wanting to use your own bodyshop for repairs rather than their “approved” repairer. Fine for those 90% of people who wouldn’t know a bad job if it smacked them in the face or it’s on a pcp so going back anyway, but I wouldn’t let them anywhere near my vehicles!
    My bro-in-law had to step away from that rat race and concentrates now on passed customers (it’s surprising how many wealthy people who don’t know the size of their own Range Rover and think they know better than that continuous tone that’s letting them know they should stop now ;)) that and classic restorations.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Thx. Don’t normally ask but was a it intrigued:)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not local ish to Gloucester is he ... ;) :)

17. No sorry Poole, Dorset.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information