1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tall Riders 6ft+ And Distance Riding

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by damodici, Jul 27, 2021.

1. OK ok, I'm doing a shit job of resisting the urge to pull the trigger on the SF at some point.

Theres enough to put me off, £20k for one and not even a fuel gauge ffs :joy:

But alas I'm shit, I keep looking at them and the only reason I've not test rode yet is because I know what will happen.

So:

Put me off :upyeah:

Are they shit at going any distances? I'm talking at least a good ride from Nottingham to the Ring and surrounding German forest loveliness?

Seating horrendous for tall riders?

At 6ft 3 the Gen 1 superduke I had was pretty good ergo wise, the new gen 3 I tried was much sharper but you're sat way more on top and really couldn't see it being as good over long distance.

Presumably I'll never get it on track in the UK?

All in all they're crap right?

2. Fabulous bike but.... if ridden enthusiastically the fuel light comes on at about 85 miles.
    That's a few fuel stops before the Nurburgring.
    I'm 6' and the bike is comfortable for me, I don't know if it makes much difference but I do have the fly screen.

3. I’m 6’4” and had a 60 ish mile test ride. I’m sticking to my Multistrada 1200. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Buy one, do it, scratch the itch.
    If you don't like it sell it, or better still gift it to me, I live close by so more than happy to collect it.
    Life's too short, don't live with an itch
    Hope that helps, shout up for more great advice :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. i'm 6'1" and no problems with comfort or wind blast on usual fast 100 mile rides but i wouldnt ride to the ring (on any bike :astonished:). we stick them in vans and get them out when reach designated area. in fact, probably doing that to ring in couple of weeks time. actually works out cheaper with 3 of us and we can turn on the wipers when it rains passing through Belgium :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Havent you bought it yet!!!
    Whose slacking @damodici :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'm working on it Viv :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not helping but you can move the bars on the Gen3 SDR out of the box to change the riding position, maybe you can on an SF also?

I see 130 to the fuel light on a "spirited" ride on the Gen3, range when full according to the "fuel gauge" is 190.

I've done WDW on an unfaired bike, via the ring and it's doable.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've done lots of fairly long distance stuff before on various bikes, the Superduke (gen 1 se) was pretty bloody good for a tall fella and Comfort using the ergo seat last time I headed to the ring and further down the 500

I just found the Gen 3 a little less comfortable in the ergos department, definitely felt more on the wrists and perched up 'on it' as opposed to 'in it' like my old one.

Sitting on the SF v4s felt different, felt more 'in' and seat quite padded.

Unfortunately still probably need to test ride

10. Wind blast is fine, helps me realise I'm going too fast.

Whats it like in the leg in terms of room? It seems reasonable sat on it in the dealership, and reading online the comfort seat raises you up by 20mm although I dare say I'd have to roll the bars to raise them if I did that

11. Yup I agree, long rides my forearms were numb, moved to the rear position, sorted.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. don't have any problems in leg dept - and my knees are knackered.
    prob selling mine (SFV4S with loads of good mods) end Oct time if you are still looking and not looking for brand new :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'll keep an eye out for that, only thing is I wasn't initially looking pcp but funds allowing id never rule anything out

• Like Like x 1
  14. Is there not some issue doing that now because of the clusterfcuk of brexit?

15. Not if they’ve registration plates there isn’t, it’s track day bikes that need a carnet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. I took a test ride on a couple and compared to a Speed Triple I had the seat felt far more comfortable, but probably slightly more weight on wrists. I'm 6ft 2. That's probably of no use to you at all!

You may as well test ride one as when I spoke to dealers in June they were quoting September for delivery for a red V4S, but earlier for the matt black. One of them offered to accept an order and refund the deposit if I changed my mind between order and delivery.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Anyone ridden the 2020 vs 2021 since the update?

Supposedly more torque down the rev range isn't there?

18. probably nowt the mere mortal - like me - will notice

• Like Like x 1
  19. That's what I've heard. I know someone who's ridden one (Mr C on here) jumped off his Tuono onto one (2020) and said all the power was top end, not something that's easily accessible on the road. Clearly Ducati have listened but how much more accessible is this with the 2021?

20. Hey damodici (and anyone else who looks over a room), Im 6'4" and have no worries on the SFV4, its pretty comfortable out of the gate, previous Monster I had to get the comfort seat for increased seat hight, but find this pretty much perfect.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information