1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taming Ducati Sf 1098

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by aryobimo911, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Is there anyway to taming the sf 1098? Because I find it hard to ride politely in the city and it's exhausting. Any sugestion like ecu programming or traction control installation maybe?

2. :Wideyed:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Swap it for an 848SF ?

4. :Wideyed: :Wideyed:

5. :Jawdrop::Wideyed::Arghh:

Raw power is what this beast is all about..
    Keep it for mad scream into your helmet rides and get a commuter :upyeah:

6. What tyre pressures are you running?

7. It can be hard work if you have poor low-down fuelling. A custom remap can make them much smoother but some bikes are worse than others so not a guaranteed fix but most bikes will benefit to some extent. I never found mine particularly hard work, but then I don't do a lot of town riding. I had it remapped anyway but more to polish performance rather than improve town manners and its was markedly smoother afterwards. The only other issue is a heavy clutch. An Oberon slave lightens the load. I'll probably put one on mine as its got lumpier since fitting a new Barnett clutch.

8. I did a lot of town riding with my 1098SF and never found it that bad. Slip the clutch.

Try an aftermarket clutch slave as Gimlet suggests and perhaps a 14T front sprocket or remap. Didn't need either of the latter on mine. It's a big old classic Ducati v-twin (L, whatever) and it'll never be as smooth and polite as a modern bike or IL4 etc.

9. My 848 was much better with a custom fuel map, Oberon slave cylinder and a 14t front sprocket. I would recommend shortening the gearing to help and the fuel map made a massive difference. I'm sure it will never be 'Easy' but can definitely be improved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Buy a 1098R. After using one all year, my 1st outing of the year on the 1098SF a couple of months ago felt almost sedate.

You then have the problem of how to tame a 1098R. :)

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly. :Writing:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Swap it for a C90? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Grab a larger slave for easier clutch, drop a tooth on the front so 2nd is usable easily

13. Grow some

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. fixed :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ah, should I have emojid? But I was serious?

16. Doesn't matter. 'Tis the rules :)

17. I may need a T'shirt with a winky face on it so I can go full tourettes in general population and not mean it :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. How about bazzaz Z-Fi fuel controller is it give much difference?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

19. My monster 1100s was a nightmare before I had it mapped. It's only a sub 100hp bike but was like riding a bukking bronco in traffic and was quite tiring after a while. Keeping a constant throttle was impossible. CJS from memory sorted it out and now it's a pleasure to ride.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information